Ratings for Dr. Michelle A. Rivera

I went to see this dermatologist, as I had a bad skin rash and it was getting worse daily. Nothing over the counter seemed to help me. So I wanted to make sure that 1. it was nothing serious 2. relief. The office is clean and the staff is ok, they don't understand English well, and are yelled at constantly by this doctor, which I find embarrassing and unprofessional. They will try to make up for this doctor's strange erratic behavior when you come to the desk and sign in, by at least smiling and nodding, which again is weird. Next when you are in the examing room, with her, WATCH OUT. She will tell you that time is money and don't waste hers, you get 2 minutes or less to describe your issue, and if she feels its worth it, or something to this effect. Being a woman, I would think she could understand that as a female patient, I am not comfortable telling you in 30 secs or less, look at this, how it feels and write me a prescription, I don't care how old and ugly you are. Word to the any other victim that goes to see this nut case, if you ask any questions, be ready for a strange loud ramble about nothing that relates to medicine, and her assessment of your personal appearance or insurance coverage. I thought maybe she was having a bad day, but after reading her other bad reviews and speaking to others in the same medical building, it seems that she is considered off balance by many. This unprofessional old lady needs to retire. Or be put on mental medication. It is obvious she has a disturbing mental disorder that makes her irritable, unkind, and very unbalanced. She may be knowledge, but that doesn't make up for being a straight out lunatic. AVOID THIS CRAZY PERSON . TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Dr. Rivera doesn't seem to value her patients at all, which is a big red flag in my book. I was running a few minutes late to my appointment and when I called the office to let them know, I was told that I would still be seen. Upon arrival (less than 10 minutes after my appt time), I was taken aside and told that Dr. Rivera did not want to see me. Keep in mind that I'm an old patient of the doctor's (and always paid out of pocket for my visits), reside out of state and had made time to see the doctor while I was in town for a few days, had driven nearly an hour to the office, AND had been told that I would be seen by the doctor when I had given the doctor's office a heads up about my slightly later arrival. There were also no patients being seen or in the waiting room at that time. What I found even more ridiculous about the situation is that in my experience, the average wait time at Dr. Rivera's office is at minimum 30 minutes, and sometimes even an hour+. Yet when I was a few minutes late to my appointment, the doctor refused to see me. Does that make any sense?

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr. Rivera is an excellent doctor and very thorough. Her medical assistant's are helpful. I wouldn't say they are the most personable, but that's okay, all I care about is competence. However, personality is a requisite for the receptionist (in my opinion) and the front desk staff is not very patient and has poor communication skills.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I've seen her for about 6 years for melanoma check-ups, and occasional wart removal. She and her staff are very professional, she is good at always explaining what she is doing. If she is sometimes running late on appointments, that would be why. It is hard to get an appointment with her, but worth it. She is good.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

while this doctor certainly knows her stuff, her bedside manner is not good. she had 2 or 3 of her girls assisting her with me half naked on the table. it was ridiculous. i would not go back. in addition, she did not check my back which is the area i can't see for moles. she only checked the areas i had an immediate concern about.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

I have seen Dr. Rivera every 6 months for over 10 years. I always thought she was excellent. She has always seemed very pleasant, very knowledgeable, and very self-confident. I like her a lot. I do NOT like some of her receptionists! Once while waiting the usual inordinate amount of time to see her, a young woman came in for her first visit. She was told by the young man behind the desk that the office did not accept her particular insurance. The new patient was visibly shaken. She had waited weeks for this appointment, she said, and had been told that someone would call her if it turned out her insurance was not acceptable. Well, no one called her, so she showed up on time for her first appointment. She was almost crying when she left. Here's the kicker: Once the young woman expressed her dismay and left, the young man behind the desk looked at me (the only patient in the waiting room), shrugged his shoulders, and actually smiled and laughed. He could not have cared less. WOW.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

I just visited Dr. Rivera for the first time. She was about 30 minutes late to see me. She asked me only one question: “What are you here for today?” and after my brief response -- within one minute of walking in the door -- she prescribed me to two prescription medications. She failed to mention any of the side effects related to these medications or to even ask if I was taking other prescriptions that are not compatible with them. I had to ask numerous questions to draw out any alternate options. I do not recommend visiting Dr. Rivera.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

I would not recommend this Dr to anyone.... I had to wait for over an hour to see her, the staff is very bad.... some cannot even speak correctly, and give attitude over the phone and when you get to the office too. Dr Rivera is very knowlegeable, but the amount of time I had to wait to see her plus her office staff being so rude to me and a couple of my friends and family menbers, I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

she is an excellent very very knowledgeable, I will go again and agin. she treted my skin problem so fast and so good. Thanks

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Very knowledgeable with a wonderful staff that she guides. You know you are in good hands withthis Doctor!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Dr. Michelle A. Rivera's Credentials

• Spanish

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington, VA