Ratings for Dr. Alfonso Verdejo

He gets **ZERO** stars. Please people, do not go to this so called rheumatologist. He knows very little about medical conditions and will ask you what certain conditions are. What a waste of time.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Rate of ZERO HI DR.Verdejo it's Danny L You remember right

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

I have been with Dr Verdejo for a few months now and I agree with some of the comments here. Nice man, decent doctor, but its infuriating the amount of time he goes away.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I have been with this doctor for 4 years. He is the only one who has help me and treated my inflammation and pain for ankylosing spondolities. I am grateful that i was referred to him.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I was referred to Dr.V quite quickly after months of paind in my wrist and weakness in knees. Couldnt turn doorknobs and found walking up and downstairs to be painful... 5 months later taking medication that causes terrible side effects, i am also still in pain. I was quickly diagnosed with rhuematoid arthritis then sent to get blood tests, then 2 months later i was told i have no rheumatoid facotr and therefore have psoriatic athritis. I went back to Dr.V after 2 more months complaining about further pain and now tingling and numbness in my wrist aswell as the effects of the medication and he told me to stop the medication and that i definitely have psoriatic arthritis as well as carpal tunnel. This alarmed me somewhat. I've already had xrays and ultrasounds which showed no carpal tunnel. The symptoms don't run parrallell with it either. Im not sure what to think but I don't believe i have psoriatic arthrisits. I stopped taking the medication and now 2 weeks later and I feel SO much better. So if the medication was making me feel worse then the diagnosis may be wrong. My gut says its something else. Dr.A is a nice smiley man but he doesn't listen. I feel like his office is a revolving door and he doesnt really "know" his patients and their concerns. I will be seeking a second opinion. ALSO... every single appointment i've had has been rescheduled (rudely) by the receptionist because DR.V is always "away"... come on. Some of us have jobs that we can't keep taking time off of!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

He was helpful and asked many questions about my symptoms along with the blood work results. He spent time to discuss and explain, which was helpful.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

This is the first review I have ever written online, but because of my experience with Doctor Verdejo I felt compelled to do so. He asked me questions from across his desk, and told me from the answers I gave him what his diagnosis was. And then he continued to say all kinds of mean things, including demonstrating how with my ailment I was going to eventually look. He took me into an examining room, and the exam lasted no longer than a couple of minutes. Then told me that I could keep on taking the medication I was on if it had helped with the pain,when I had already told him previously that it wasn't helping, and that was one of the reasons I was there.He is not a good listener, and actually interrupted when I tried to explain anything to him. He is probably one of the most uncaring, arrogant doctors I have ever met, and I could probably have got over that if I thought he had a lot of expertise. But I'm afraid not. Unfortunately, he obviously has no idea of how all of these things can effect a patients life in all kinds of ways. I'm sad that he is able to practice here in our City.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

In the past 2 years or so, I hear the same thing over and over again from Dr. Alfonso (same questions, same sentences). The receptionist is not helpful and it looks like finding her personal belongings is more important than helping a patient. The office cancels an appointment that was booked 6 months ago due to DR's Trip and good luck getting an appointment when you need to see the DR and now it's more than 6 months and the patient needs to get GP's referral letter again!!!!! We didn't change the appointment! You did! There are other Rheumatologist who are less Arrogant that this doctor and his staff!!!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Based on one visit, Dr. Verdejo was punctual, personable, asked appropriate questions, made a diagnosis, prescribed medication & sent a report to my GP the following day. Further, he provided me with an information sheet with links to website info on my ailment. So my first visit was handled in a totally professional manner.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I thought I was lucky, someone had canceled their appointment with Dr. Verdejo, so I was contacted by his office the same day my gp made the referral, offering me an appointment the for following day........first off I waited a half hour past my appointment time which was scheduled for 8am and by 8:15 the office was still not open and two other patients had shown up already building a backlog. Once we all check in Dr. Verdejo "goes to work" calling patient number one into his office and less than five min later out the door he goes. (Chuck Ching! first one down) Next up me, into the office I go and after a brief introduction I'm offered a seat. So far so good. Next comes the brief question-and-answer period lasting all of two minutes, ending with his diagnoses. "Back strain". (Impressive work from across the table!) Now the brief physical examination, again maybe two minutes including the time it took me to take off my shoes and socks, where he collaborates his earlier finding. Back strain due to bad posture. (all without the need for modern technology or without even touching me) what a hero! Now the conclusion. Like some other past patients that have commented he instructs me on how to do sit ups and tells me I should be happy as I have no serious problems other than my belly. Wow! My back has never caused me discomfort and my belly maybe has a half an inch of fat on it, and am otherwise lean and physically fit. When I asked "what about my hip" ( The area the x-ray shows a problem and the area which is causing me pain) I am corrected " no it's your back" then he in instructs me to make an follow up appointment so that he can see my abs Three months from now before sending me on my way. Lucky you ask?? lol . guess so! Only wasted an hour of my time! But don't fret I'll be canceling my follow up as late as possible to allow another the same opportunity. Lol. Good luck.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Alfonso Verdejo's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.