Ratings for Dr. Kelly D Shrum

Dr. Shrum is an excellent doctor who cares about and is serious when it comes to his patients care. I'd recommend him and his staff to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

I have had a total of 6 O.B. & GYN's even counting Dr. Shrum and I have to say Dr. Shrum is the very best doctor out of these other 5 O.B. & GYN's that I have seen. I tried to go to Dr. Shrum in 2008 when I was pregnant with my oldest son, but the appointment was so far off that I didn't want to wait and chance another miscarriage, so I went on set up appointment with Dr. Pierce, Reid, which I had Jerry III early at 35 weeks only weighted 4lbs, and Dr. Pierce, Reid he didn't take no medical preventions, no information on my previous miscarriages, and Dr. Piecrce knew that I was dialating the day I turn 8 months and he still didn't take no precautions or admitt me to the hospital. Dr. Pierce, Reid just told me to do less work and he basically put me on temproray bed rest with weekly visits. Then when I got pregnant with my daughter and I already made my mind up if I was to get pregnant again that I was going to use Dr. Shrum. So I had waited on my appointment with Dr. Shrum, Kelly no matter how far the appointment is away. I'm so thankful I went with my first mind, because Dr. Shrum was so very nice, concern, and so helpful in explaining that I was high risk in my pregnancy, because all of my miscarriages was then a total of 4. Which no other O.B. & GYN's even told me that I was high risk due to so many miscarriages and premature births I found this out in 2009. I'm glad that I choose Dr. Shrum for my daughter, because Dr. Shrum told me that we will do all we can and take every precaution that we can take to keep you pregnant, but I went into labor at 27 weeks and had her through E.R. C-Section, but she was delivered by Dr. Shrum. Then my next pregnancy with Samuel in 2011. I still had choose Dr. Shrum, by then he left Pine Bluff and he was full time doctor in Monticello. I had talk my husband into driving me back and towards, because he didn't want to at first. I'm so glaf that I went back to Dr. Shrum, because he is the only OB & GYN that ask for a urine spemine when I was pregnant. When i was pregnant with Sam I had 11 bladder infections, and 2 after ilI gave birth to him. I'm glaf thst I chose Dr. Shrum, because a UTI's (blafder infections) can cause miscarriage and premature births, which I already had this risk factor agsinst me when I get pregnant. It's by the Grace of God, that Dr. Shrum and his staff checks pregnant woman urine. So I went to DR. Shrum with Samuel from 6 weeks until 38 weeks. Dr. Shrum was very great with helping us to stay pregnant. I had to take Lovenox Injections everyday through the pregnancy. I had told Dr. Shrum that I was experiencing some spotting with Samuel, so he told me that my body wasn't making enough hormones, called Corpus Limena (yellow body). Dr. Shrum prescribed me some horomone suppositories that I had to insert in every night. It was different times in my pregnancy that I had to be on bedrest. Dr. Shrum has given me so much information and he is so very helpful in explaining what could happen and explain the whole situation to you (he knows his stuff!). Dr. Shrum goes out his way to care for his patients. Then I got pregnant with Dayleeion and I also went to Dr. Shrum the whole pregnancy until almost 37 weeks pregnant. Dr. Shrum was great with my pregnancy with Dayleeion. I had to start my Lovenox Injections with this pregnancy too, so I wouldn't miscarry or have another premature birth. Dr. Shrum was always very concern, very caring, very nice, and he don't mind asking any questions that you needed to ask him. Dr. Shrum always took his time with me and he always went out his way to make sure that my baby and me were healthy and safe. I really hope I could've use Dr. Shrum with my first viable pregnancy with Jerry III, but I use Dr. Shrum with my 3 others kids. Dr. Shrum is a good friend you dont know how you impacted our lives, because all we wanted to do is to become parents and you Dr. Shrum and your staff made this posdible through our Lord Jesus Christ using you to help us to stay pregnant. If I was to ever get pregnant again I would want Dr. Shrum to deliver our 5th baby. I love Dr. Shrum and his staff and I highly would recommend Dr. Shrum to any woman. Dr. Shrum is the best O.B. & GYN. He deserve 5+ Stars!!! Shakel & My Husband Jerry Jr. Thank you and your staff!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DR. KELLY SHRUM HE IS THE BEST OB/GYN I'VE EVER MET I HATED WHEN HE LEFT PINE BLU BLUFF. I CALLED TODAY (10/18/12) TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. I HAVEN'T FOUND A DOCTOR THAT REALLY KNOW LIKE DR. SHRUM!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

I LOVE Dr. Shrum. He is a wonderful doctor. He listens to you and is very helpful. I love that when I am sitting in his office I am not surrounded by sick people. The office staff is friendly and they all seem to get along nicely. He will be doing my c-section in the near future and I hope to continue to have great success with him. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Dr.Shrum is the best ob/gyn that I have ever met. It doesnt matter if you are there for having a baby or for post menapausal. He is very thorough and conscience. He explaines everything to you. He never assumes you should know. You leave his office feeling confident that you have been thoroughly checked out and can relax about your health. If you do have problems he go the extra mile to make sure you are cared for. Even if that means referring you. This is a rarity these days. All women need to have this type physcian!!!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Dr.Shrum is an incredible doctor as well as a person. He will spend as much time as needed with you until all your fears or questions were answered. I have seen him for several years now and when I found out he was moving his office I immediately said to send my records there. If you have a proble he is only a phone call away.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I Love Dr. Shrum. I saw Dr. Shrum in 2006 with my 2nd son and I love him. I just went and visited his new office in Monitcello and felt very comfortable just like in his old office. He's very caring and just a down to earth kind of guy. One other post was right, he's the kind of person you want to invite over for dinner. I just love Dr. Shrum and will use him again. I drove an hour and 30 minutes to his new office and will do it again. Thanks Dr. Shrum. You're the BEST.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

dr shrum did not detect birth defect that should have been diagnosed during ultra sound. Did not know the difference between umbilical cord and intestine.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

I used Dr Shrum for both my high risk prgnacies and he was just wonderful.He is very caring and answers any questions you or the daddy may have.It's not just a job to him.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Dr. Kelly D Shrum's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1994)

Azfmc - Az Foundation Medical Care