Ratings for Dr. Daniel F. Kelly

In early March 2017, I learned that I had a 1 inch diameter pituitary adenoma pressing against my pituitary gland and carotid artery. The tumor was beginning to affect my hormone functions and I was told that eventually the tumor would damage my eye sight and other important functions. An endocrinologist in my home city of Portland, Oregon determined that the best course of action was to remove the tumor with surgery. After this diagnosis, I spent a few weeks researching surgical teams across the United States who specialize in the treatment of pituitary adenomas. Ultimately, I selected Dr. Daniel Kelly and his associate ENT surgeon Dr. Chester Griffiths to perform my surgery. Dr. Kelly and Dr. Griffiths helped to develop endoscopic pituitary surgery and have assembled one of the best teams available for this type of surgery. Dr. Kelly was able to remove 100 percent of the tumor. My post op recovery was quick and nearly painless. Six weeks after the operation my pituitary function is nearly fully restored.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr. Kelly was very personable and sensitive when he told me about my symptoms and the necessary surgery. He's very easy to talk to and deals with questions directly and sensitively. I had nothing to do in choosing him---my home doctors did that--- but am very happy that I had him as my neurosurgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Kelly.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Dr. Daniel Kelly and his excellent team took care of my father for over a decade. My father Mr.W was first diagnosed with a Grade II atypical meningioma when I was in middle school. He required multiple surgeries to remove the recurrent tumor over the course of eleven years. Dr. Kelly has been with my family every step of the way. Dr. Kelly is not only a brilliant and talented surgeon who gave my father’s life back (not once, but three times) but also a truly understanding and patient doctor. His calm, collected demeanor set our family at ease during this entire ordeal, and his team also went out of their way to make sure my father and the rest of our family were as comfortable and informed as possible before, during, and after the surgeries. We trusted Dr. Kelly from the first moment and are very grateful and fortunate to know him as our neurosurgeon. We can’t recommend him highly enough to anyone. He is our family’s guardian angel.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I've had two surgeries performed by Dr. Kelly. He was fantastic and very gentle (at least my brain thinks so). In the numerous visits over the years I've never regretted going to him. In fact, I'm convinced I was lucky to find him. The tumor was found on a Friday evening around 6:00p during an MRI in San Diego. Unlike most doctors, Dr. Kelly accepted a call and waited in his office for the results. Before I was out of the MRI I was already scheduled for the emergency surgery the next day. So much for the weekend plans. His team was superb in all aspects. I can't recommend Dr. Kelly enough.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Not so good news...brain tumor Good news...Dr Kelly was my surgeon!! I was confident from the start!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Kelly is very knowledgeable, experienced, professional and respectful doctor. The crani he did for my mother-in-law is very successful and uneventful. The surgery should be done near our place but the neurosurgeon here has a concern if he ends up breaking the bone near the left ear so he referred us to Dr. Kelly. He is the answer to our prayers. God bless him and his wonderful team. May he continue to be a blessing especially to the needy. Likewise to Dr. Walavan Sivakumar.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

My husband experienced his third brain surgery in November. This time Dr Kelly with the help of his wonderful staff, including Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, removed a pituitary macro adenoma. As per usual, my husband Matt experienced complications down the line that had nothing to do with our Doctor's skill and expertise. In the end all went well and we couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I would highly recommend this fine group of sought after doctors who showed us knowledge,compassion and just being wonderful human beings. Thank you to the entire team.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Dr. Kelly performed my second TransNasal Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery. My tumor was in a difficult area and Dr. Kelly's expertise and knowledge made it a successful surgery with a good chance for a complete remission. I would recommend Dr. Kelly, he is the best. He is also very kind and caring.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Kelly and his staff provided me with some of the best care I have received in my medical saga. They worked relentlessly with my insurance company to obtain authorization. I cannot express how grateful I am for Dr. Kelly and his bedside manner. In a frightening circumstances, I was never concerned about my doctor. He provided me with the best care and I cannot recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr. Kelly is a brilliant doctor who was taken care of my pituitary tumor for the second time. He was my surgeon when I was first diagnosed in 2002. When my tumor reoccured the second time this year, the first person who came to my mind to take care of it was Dr. Kelly. I don't live in the area, so I did not know that he no longer practiced at the hospital where I had my first surgery. The doctor I had seen there worried me, so I tracked Dr. Kelly of his whereabouts. Dr. Kelly, along with Dr. Barkadorian and Dr. Griffith made me comfortable and assured that I'd be well taken care of; I was well informed of what to expect. I thank them for taking care of me!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr. Daniel F. Kelly's Credentials

• Doctor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C. (Grad. 1986)