Dr. Daniel F. Kelly

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Daniel F. Kelly

This review is particularly directed to the person who wrote the December 1st, 2017 review. First, I would like to ask that you check your facts before spreading false information about one of best neurosurgeons in the world. In fact, many people travel from other countries to have their surgeries done with him. I was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2017 and was told by two neurosurgeons that a surgery would more than likely result in paralysis and speech problems. I found out about Dr. Kelly from a friend who had a successful surgery with him. By the way, my tumour was not a pituitary tumour but a skull based tumour which happens to be another specialty of Dr. Kelly. When I called and left a voice mail for Dr. Kelly, he returned my call promptly and patiently talked to me and answered all my questions. I ended up having my surgery with him and I was talking and walking the day after my surgery. Despite his brilliance and achievements, he is one of the most down to earth surgeons I have ever known. I highly recommend Dr. Kelly. He truly saved my life and I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Dr. Kelly and his team gave me a new life for which I will forever be grateful. After 8 months of slowly becoming disabled from a large tumor that was pressing on my spinal chord, Dr. Kelly calmly met with me and confidently laid out his plan for my recovery. From that moment on I was certain that I would be okay. His amazing team completely removed the tumor and sent me home within 3 days. Within two weeks the swelling was gone as were all my physical limitations. I did not need pain medication beyond an occasional Tylenol in the evening as the incision healed. Other doctors that have seen my incision have commented on how beautiful it is! Meeting Dr. Kelly and having this surgery has been life changing for me! He is the best of the best and I feel very fortunate to have found him. I highly recommend Dr. Kelly.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

In early March 2017, I learned that I had a 1 inch diameter pituitary adenoma pressing against my pituitary gland and carotid artery. The tumor was beginning to affect my hormone functions and I was told that eventually the tumor would damage my eye sight and other important functions. An endocrinologist in my home city of Portland, Oregon determined that the best course of action was to remove the tumor with surgery. After this diagnosis, I spent a few weeks researching surgical teams across the United States who specialize in the treatment of pituitary adenomas. Ultimately, I selected Dr. Daniel Kelly and his associate ENT surgeon Dr. Chester Griffiths to perform my surgery. Dr. Kelly and Dr. Griffiths helped to develop endoscopic pituitary surgery and have assembled one of the best teams available for this type of surgery. Dr. Kelly was able to remove 100 percent of the tumor. My post op recovery was quick and nearly painless. Six weeks after the operation my pituitary function is nearly fully restored.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr. Kelly was very personable and sensitive when he told me about my symptoms and the necessary surgery. He's very easy to talk to and deals with questions directly and sensitively. I had nothing to do in choosing him---my home doctors did that--- but am very happy that I had him as my neurosurgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Kelly.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Dr. Daniel Kelly and his excellent team took care of my father for over a decade. My father Mr.W was first diagnosed with a Grade II atypical meningioma when I was in middle school. He required multiple surgeries to remove the recurrent tumor over the course of eleven years. Dr. Kelly has been with my family every step of the way. Dr. Kelly is not only a brilliant and talented surgeon who gave my father’s life back (not once, but three times) but also a truly understanding and patient doctor. His calm, collected demeanor set our family at ease during this entire ordeal, and his team also went out of their way to make sure my father and the rest of our family were as comfortable and informed as possible before, during, and after the surgeries. We trusted Dr. Kelly from the first moment and are very grateful and fortunate to know him as our neurosurgeon. We can’t recommend him highly enough to anyone. He is our family’s guardian angel.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I've had two surgeries performed by Dr. Kelly. He was fantastic and very gentle (at least my brain thinks so). In the numerous visits over the years I've never regretted going to him. In fact, I'm convinced I was lucky to find him. The tumor was found on a Friday evening around 6:00p during an MRI in San Diego. Unlike most doctors, Dr. Kelly accepted a call and waited in his office for the results. Before I was out of the MRI I was already scheduled for the emergency surgery the next day. So much for the weekend plans. His team was superb in all aspects. I can't recommend Dr. Kelly enough.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Not so good news...brain tumor Good news...Dr Kelly was my surgeon!! I was confident from the start!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Kelly is very knowledgeable, experienced, professional and respectful doctor. The crani he did for my mother-in-law is very successful and uneventful. The surgery should be done near our place but the neurosurgeon here has a concern if he ends up breaking the bone near the left ear so he referred us to Dr. Kelly. He is the answer to our prayers. God bless him and his wonderful team. May he continue to be a blessing especially to the needy. Likewise to Dr. Walavan Sivakumar.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

My husband experienced his third brain surgery in November. This time Dr Kelly with the help of his wonderful staff, including Dr. Walavan Sivakumar, removed a pituitary macro adenoma. As per usual, my husband Matt experienced complications down the line that had nothing to do with our Doctor's skill and expertise. In the end all went well and we couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I would highly recommend this fine group of sought after doctors who showed us knowledge,compassion and just being wonderful human beings. Thank you to the entire team.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Dr. Kelly performed my second TransNasal Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery. My tumor was in a difficult area and Dr. Kelly's expertise and knowledge made it a successful surgery with a good chance for a complete remission. I would recommend Dr. Kelly, he is the best. He is also very kind and caring.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Daniel F. Kelly's Credentials

• Doctor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C. (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal