Ratings for Dr. John V. Brown

Dr. Brown did an wonderful job helping me find my way back to health and happiness. I had to get a hysterectomy which was too complex for my regular gynecologist to perform due to several issues including that my uterus was quite enlarged. The procedure went very smoothly with no complications and an easy recovery. Dr. Brown is an excellent surgeon and I am very satisfied with his knowledge, skills, and kind demeanor. His office is also quite nice, with large clean rooms and a private bathroom adjoined to each examination room. His staff is professional yet very friendly. Appointments were easy to schedule and when I had concerns that did not require an office visit I was able to reach a physician's assistant to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

After finding out I had Cervical Cancer Dr Brown was wonderful stayed in touch with me to provide me test results from two biopsies before having final surgery! I come from Glendora and will continue to see him for all follow up visits! He and Lisa his nurse are very carrying. Front office are very friendly.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

My relative just had surgery today and mother in law and Grandma were left in waiting room for Dr. to update them but he never did after hours of waiting. We have to wait for Dr. to arrive in morning for results of surgery. Very sad and shaken up family not knowing whether relative is ok or not. There's no excuse not to provide update.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Jeb Brown by my gynecologist. He was wonderful. I had endometrial cancer. I was seen the next day and had surgery a week later. He is so kind and caring. He apologizes during the exam for making you uncomfortable. He truly cares. His RN Lisa, was very responsive to all of my questions and concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Jeb Brown to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Brown after being diagnosed with uterine cancer. The surgery and hospital procedure went very well, however I found it very unusal that Dr Brown never paid a visit during my post op stay in the hospital. The medical office is very busy and there's always a long wait including 2 hours on my last visit. Dr Brown gives the impression he's pressed for time and does not provide much of a detailed answer to my questions. He was quick to defend himself when I asked about my ongoing post op pain by stating that "he didn't operate in the questioned area". I ended up taking my complaint to my Internist who ordered some tests.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

Dr Brown is an outstanding physician. I have been a patient of Dr Brown's for over 10 years and he is intellegent, talented and very caring. His office staff is friendly and efficient. The entire organization including physicians treat eveyone with dignity and respect. I highly recommend Dr. Brown.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

Misdiagnosed me! Very short answers to any questions I had pre surgery. Very abrupt bedside manner when I was in the hospital. After surgery, I had complications (infection) for which his office would not schedule an appointment for follow up. Ended up seeing other Dr's for the problems. Office staff did seem overworked which might be part of the problem.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Bedside manner was horrible, "You have cancer, sorry I got to go, I have other patients to see." Knowledgable? igornes any scientific data, "one size fits all." The only data he is concerned about is the current clinical trial his group is sponsoring. His associate group is not a group, it appears to be individuals who do not have any teamwork whatsoever. The biopsy group at Hoag is quite opposite. John V Brown is on planes so often, it appears that he could use an effecting teamwork group. It appears that his personality limits putting any trust in his other collegues.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Top 1% IN HIS FIELD. Very positive attitude towards his patients treatment. Nurse is very knowledgable and helpful to the patients

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

The best doctor for me...I know that i am alive because of his awesome decisions. Just the best in every way. I feel Dr Brown (Jeb ) is so committed to the health of his patients...I am so lucky to have found him.I am so blessed. I am so grateful that he was referred to me by another outstanding doctor.Doctors like Jeb are priceless... and in my opinion his mannerisms are...just plain kind and supportive and encouraging! 10+ and 5 stars for Dr Jeb Brown

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. John V. Brown's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)