Ratings for Dr. Gabriel Martinez-Geigel

Dr. Martinez is consistently two hours late for even his first appointment of the day. I had to call the office five times to get a callback from him regarding an insurance denial. He agreed to make the peer to peer call and never did. This was seven months ago and he still has not followed up with me. Choose another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Martinez since 2009. Since I have a complicated medical history involving more than one source for my pain Dr. Martinez has been working with me to improve the mechanical, neurological, and connective tissue disorders that contribute to my pain and physical limitations. He has been very effective in helping me manage my pain and makes my treatment a partnership between the two of us. He has always been good about exploring alternative forms of pain control and has suggested physical therapy, yoga and accupuncture. Dr. Martinez is very compassionate and kind to me. He always makes time to listen to my concerns and help me understand my treatment plans. Perhaps that contributes to the delays with appointments. There is always a wait but I experience shorter wait times at the Philadelphia Road office. Even though I no longer live in Baltimore I continue as a patient because he plays an important role in my overall disease management.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Thanks to Dr. Martinez, I am able to keep my debilitating chronic ankle pain(both ankles) under control such that I am able to keep working. Without going into detail on my medical condition , which is rather complicated to explain, I can say that since I now qualify , it would be simple to merely go onto Long Term Disability under Social Security and 'throw in the towel' but I refuse to give up. Dr. Martinez is very caring and compassionate and totally understands what I am going through. He encourages me to keep fighting and thanks to his extensive medical 'tool box' and great expertise, he is able to help me function. He is rather weak in the time management arena so one does have to wait quite a long time to see him. Over the years, I have had to deal with other doctors that have had the same time management issue so I have learned to just deal with it. The best are worth waiting for.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2010

He is always late. I have sat waiting for him for almost 2 hours. The only reason I did wait was because I was getting an important test. He managed to mess that up also. He did the entire test (which hurt) then said it didn't work because of me. I knew better because I had it before. I don't think he knew what he was doing.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

He is always late for appointments, sometimes arriving several hours late at his office. Initial diagnosis of facet joint syndrome seemed reasonable, but beyond doing one type of treatment he seems to have exhausted his menu of possibilities. Offers painkiller medications, but has never discussed acupuncture, TENS, or other alternatives.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008