Ratings for Dr. James S Grisolia

El doctor Grosilia ha sido mi neurólogo ya por 8 años, nadie ha sido tan acertado como El. Se preocupa hasta por lo que no le corresponde tratar en su área en mi persona... Es constante y acertado, con su experiencia no necesito más recomendaciones.... Yo lo recomiendo ampliamente, y en lo que a mi concierne, siempre me han tratado de LUJO... ATIENDEN TODAS MIS LLAMADAS, RESPONDEN A MIS FARMACÉUTICOS, INCLUSIVE HASTA HABLA PERSONALMENTE CON MIS OTROS MÉDICOS, QUE MÁS PUEDO PEDIR! Además habla Español, inglés, italiano y mas así que nos entendemos muy bien... Gracias a Dios por haberlo puesto en mi camino.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I had been to several doctors over 5 years to determine the cause of a recurring problem with vertigo and vision issues. On my first visit Dr. Grisolia was able to describe the problem better than I was aware and prescribe medication that has kept the issue in check. I highly recommend him and have found him compassionate and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Dr. Grisolia is a very rude and unprofessional physician. After my visit with him yesterday for my ongoing migraines he left me filled with emotion. The Dr. was upset that I hadn't been back since July. I explalined that I had been out of state tending to my Aunt. (my cousin had committed suicide and she needed my help). During my visit Dr. Grisolia asked me if I had any other physicians prescribing me medication, I responded by saying "No, don't you remember...I switched to you and you are the only doctor treating me?" He responded by saying, "I don't know**** about you!" I haven't seen you since June! I became very emotional and stated that I had never been yelled at by a doctor before! My husband is a physican and I expressed to Dr. Grisolia that he shouldn't treat his patients in this manner. The doctor sent me home with a drug that expired 07/09 and another RX for a new medication for me to try. After taking the new drugs I had a drug interaction. I WON'T BE BACK!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

Dr. Grisolia is every bit as knowledgeable and professional as ANY neurologist in the county -- but, unlike many neurologists, he has not lost his human touch. Dr. G. has been my neuro for over 15 years (I have M.S.), and after going through a few other neurologists right after my dx, I'm incredibly glad to have found my "Doctor Right." :-)

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

Dr. Grisolia was the only neurosurgeon to diagnosis my "migraine related stroke". 3 other neurosurgeons in San Diego diagnosed my brain lesions and neurological attack as "We don't know". Some speculated that I had multiple sclerosis, but the lesion patterns were not similar to MS. Dr. Grisolia subscribed medicine that has lessened most of my stroke symptoms. I only need to see him once a year to provide a follow-up of my history and renew my Rx. Dr. Grisolia is on probationary status with the Medical Board because his wife overdosed. Imagine if your spouse was addicted to drugs and how manipulative an addict can be and how conflicted you would be in trying to help. I don't know all the facts, nor do I discuss them with Dr. Grisolia, all I know is that he ended my search for answers, for which I am truly grateful.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

--PLEASE READ----I have had 2 experinces with this doctor and feel that no one should trust his "knowledge".I had very mixed feelings when I had met him and feel that he had missed diagnosed my problem.He was very quick to prescribe drugs for my particular problem.I have just reviewed this site and realized that the state medical board has given him PROBATION FOR 7 YEARS!!!!!!!!!I will never go back to this doctor and neither shall you.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

Dr. Grisolia's handwriting was so illegible that the pharmacist could not fill his prescription without an explanation. Dr. Grisolia and his staff never answered or returned the pharmacy's numerous phone calls, so the prescription could not be filled. When we returned to his office solely for the purpose of obtaining a more legible prescription, the staff were rude to us, and the doctor kept us waiting over an hour beyond the scheduled time. He did no examination on this visit, just a rewrite of the prescription. When we asked if he intended to charge for this visit, he said yes. We told him that this was unacceptable, and that we had lost all confidence in him and would not be returning to his practice. This was a very stressful and unpleasant experience.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Grisolia puts in many hours for me at the epilepsy foundation. He seems to understand without having the disease, what I am going through. I guess that comes with experience. He is a joy to have as a doctor! God bless him.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr. James S Grisolia's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)