Ratings for Dr. Goodman B. Espy

After 35 years, 2 babies for me, I consider Dr. Espy a friend as well as a GREAT doctor. He was your best country doctor in a big city. He listened and had empathy. What a testament, and GB if you are reading this, you are a great man. I hope our paths cross again. Sandy , Mrs. Georgia 1992.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Words can't express how magnificent Dr.Espy is ALL of his work speaks a high volume for itself. He will be greatly missed by ALL.. He is by far the best doctor that you will ever come across. He is caring,loving,kind,loyal and most of all he cares about ALL of his patients. I can go on and on about Dr.Espy because words will NEVER explain what he has done for my family.. We love you and we will never forget the NUMBER ONE DOCTOR WELLSTAR HAS EVER HAD!!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I love Dr. Espy. I have been seeing him for about 17 years and he is a great humanitarian. Don't believe it if you hear that he is going to retire. He personally told me that as long as he can run the NYC marathon (which he did this year) that he will not retire.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Fantastic doctor! Decades of experience and a gentleman to boot.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

Love Dr. Espy. Been a patient of his for years. He performed my c-section and put my mind at ease about the whole surgery. Will definitely recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

From the first time I met with Dr. Espy he made me feel completely comfortable and showed me that he cared about my personal well being and health. He has always taken the time to listen to each and every concern I have and give me a thorough answer, making sure I understand. He is a compassionate doctor, reassuring me through a difficult miscarriage and encouraging me through scary times with my pregnancy. During my pregnancy, many people asked who my doctor was. Each and every person had wonderful, positive words about Doctor Espy. I asked Doctor Espy to deliver my baby and he assured me that he would deliver her no matter the day or time. When the time came, he was there and said he wished I would have called him sooner to be there in the early stage of my labor! I was nervous about labor and delivery, but Dr. Espy made it the most calm and beautiful experience of our lives. He is an exceptional doctor and I can't say enough good things about him. I hope he'll deliver my future kids

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

When I was only seeing him for routine visits, he seemed nice enough. But when health problems actually arose, he made rash decisions, refused to listen, and ended up being entirely wrong. I told him I'd quit taking birth control because I didn't like the side effects and it wasn't helping the cramps. He gave me a prescription for the same birth control because I should stay on it. In February, I was experiencing pain on my left ovary. I was told I had a 6cm cyst on the right and that the left must hurt from being squished. He told me I would need surgery and, because of the size, I might lose my ovary. I went to get a second opinion, and couldn't get my records. Two weeks later I was in the hospital with an unnoticed raging infection in my Fallopian tube and the cyst was magically the left side. I found another doctor who managed to remove the cyst (that had doubled in size) while keeping my ovaries intact. Moral of the story, he's a great doctor until something goes wrong.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Dr Espy is a brilliant doctor and has always taken time with me. I used to see other doctors in the office and it was a nightmare!!! One of the nurses suggested Dr Espy and I have been seeing him for 10 years. The staff seem as if they are scared to be happy; They herd the patients like we're cattle. If it weren't for Doc Espy I would have left years ago. The move over to Wellstar was a bad choice.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

I have used Dr. Espy for 32 years. He delivered 2 of my babies and performed my hysterectomy. In my opinion, he's the best. Every year when I go in for my annual check up, he always ask how the family (by name) is doing. He has a great bedside manner and I know that I will miss him when he decides to retire.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2010

Dr. Espy is awesome. He is so knowledgable and very charming. I have been going to him for 20 years now. his office is always packed with women.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Goodman B. Espy's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1962)

GHI