Ratings for Dr. Sherry L. Niccoli

We had a very disappointing experience with Doctor Niccoli. She originally seemed great, until we expressed our wishes that were different then her "protocol". She acted very condecending and unkind when I expressed my preference in a certain matter. When my NIPT blood test came back as inconclusive (which according to the research I have done, is fairly common and the standard action is to retest again once a little further a long in the pregnancy), she denied my right to have it repeated. This was very puzzling to me because it was a simple blood test and the chances of getting results the second time are very high. When going over my results of the blood test with the genetic counselor, she explained that I had a high probability of getting results with a retest and that the retest would be no additional cost. I explained to Dr Niccoli that it was very important to me to know the results of this test as it relates to my baby and that I didn't understand why she wouldn't authorize the order for another blood draw since that she herself had originally offered this particular test as an option to me. She asked why I was so anxious to get the test done and criticized my reasons for wanting it. She then suggested that I may have had a missed miscarriage and literally said that it would be pointless to run the test again until confirming viability. I had no reason to believe that I had had a miscarriage, absolutely no sign or symptom whatsoever. Why would she put the idea that my baby may have died into my head when there was no reason to believe so. She just kept saying that we needed to confirm viability of the fetus before doing any further testing. I am a first time mom and the idea of miscarrying this far along in my pregnancy terrified me. I asked if she could fit me in to check on the baby and she said not until your next appointment (10 days later). I understand that she is busy and has a lot of patients, but I feel that she lacks empathy and tact and is not at all sensitive to the feelings or wishes of her patients. She came across as very prideful and condescending in talking to both my husband and I. In my dealings with her she did not prove to be willing to be flexible or accommodating to her patients needs. If she was like that early on in my pregnancy, how could I trust that she would respect my wishes about the bigger things? We definitely want a doctor who is more caring and respectful towards us in this exciting and scary time of our lives.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Very unhappy with Dr. Niccolis services. We chose her at the time because choices in a female OB was limited in the Gunnison area. But looking back we would have been better with a midwife or birthing in a larger town. Esp after reading the surgical report/care records... we were deeply saddened by the care we received. Upside, her office staff are AMAZING and so sweet!!! They were the highlight of the pregnancy.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr. Niccoli and all of her staff members are absolutely amazing. I've been seeing her through our good times and the bad for over a year now and I truly believe that Sherry is the best medical professional in the valley. From making appointments with Amy, to working with her nurse/medical assistant Crystal, to the one on one time spent with Dr. Niccoli...it's all exceptional. I appreciate her honesty and the time she takes to explain the technical things in a way I can understand. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable but she is real. I feel comfortable talking to her honestly. I know she genuinely cares about our well being. There wouldn't be enough ways to thank her for all she's helped us through.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

The staff at this establishment is rude and unhelpful. Their medical assistant is very nasty and does not speak correctly to patients. I advice NOT going to this office unless you would like to leave feeling like crap! If they decided to get a new staff I would possibly consider it as decent place again, but until they get ride of their awful Medical Assistant Krystal I will never step foot in their again.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

I LOVE DR. NICCOLI!!! She is honest, and real. She doesn't sugar coat anything, she tells you like it is. Some women may not like the reality of their situation, I feel like Dr. Niccoli helped me keep my wits and my reality in check. I wish she did aftercare with the baby, but I'm confident in her staff, experience and skills.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

If you have a complication she will not return your calls within a reasonable amount of time - usually 7-10 hours. She does not like to answer questions, she never checked up on me after my miscarriage and never gave me aftercare instructions. I had to call another doctor to know what to expect after and what is outside of normal ranges. She doesn't care about her patients if they need anything outside of a regular office visit. She is lucky her staff is nice but in an emergency they will not call her or get her on the telephone. I have never in my life seen such poor care from a doctor. I felt like my miscarriage was an inconvenience to her. She refused to even discuss my options. She told me I could choose the path she wanted and nothing else. I have since gotten a second opinion and found out that the path she pushed may not have been the best option for me. I will never let her near me, my family or friends again.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

I felt that Dr. Niccoli was ruched and I didn't feel like she had time for me. When I wanted to discuss birth control options with her, she told me that because I was diabetic, there were no options except for a diaphragm, and forced me into purchasing a very uncomfortable one. She didn't even want to listen, and frankly told me that "that's what she would do."

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Dr. Sherry L. Niccoli's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Gunnison, CO