Ratings for Dr. Swee Lian Tan

Dr. Tan may seem abrupt, but she is the most talented and honest surgeon I have ever met. She saved my wife's life, Her Aorta was too narrow for a stent, due to a birth defect, so she harvested some femoral artery tissue from bot legs, and fashioned a prosthetic so that it wouldn't matter if her artery ruptured. It would still be a functional artery. She likened it to using bot a belt and suspenders. It may be true that she has little patience with people who waste her time. From what I have learned from dealing with her both in Seattle and Fairbanks, Alaska, is that I have never met a better doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

dr swee tan has a pompous attitude & is very rude!!! she seems very unprofessional......... did seattle send us the bottom of the barrel?? plz replace her, from my town of sequim to my home town of seattle.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

Dr. Tan is simply amazing! Obviously VERY VERY intelligent, yet has a wonderful bedside manner. She explains everything and makes you feel like you are her only patient. She placed a stent in my husband's carotid artery which had a nasty aneurysm. Her expertise, confidence, and willingness to get input from other experts in the field puts her in a category unlike any other doctor we have ever dealt with. She is a live saver and there is no words to express our thanks!!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

she is a great & full of information that is very useful for a patients when you are possible dealing with surgery. I highly recommend her for a surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2008

She is a brilliant surgeon, but more than that, she is compassionate and caring and knows her stuff. She is a take charge type of person. Some might find her blunt, but she deals with tough stuff. Her staff is the best, especially Trish, her scheduling person.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

Dr. Swee Lian Tan's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1988)

MSP/BC Med