Ratings for Dr. Swee Lian Tan

I’m very impressed with Dr Tan. She did a complicated emergency leg amputation on me and explained the procedure in terms that I could understand. She was very compassionate, caring and understanding and had an amazing bedside manner. I find her to be intelligent and direct and yet easy to get along with. Her office staff is very helpful and always pleasant to work with.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

In August of 2005 Dr. Tan repaired an aortic and left iliac aneurysm that would have killed me if either burst. She is a skilled vascular surgeon and has become a good friend over my years of having do an ultrsound of my repaired arteries and insuring proper blood flow to my feet. Her advice has always been solid and she is continuously working in my best interest. I see that some find her abrupt and direct. If you want to be coddled, Dr. Tan is not for you. Yet if you want the best vascular surgeon in this area that gives the best possible counsel and advice, you would be well served by Dr. Tan.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Tan may seem abrupt, but she is the most talented and honest surgeon I have ever met. She saved my wife's life, Her Aorta was too narrow for a stent, due to a birth defect, so she harvested some femoral artery tissue from bot legs, and fashioned a prosthetic so that it wouldn't matter if her artery ruptured. It would still be a functional artery. She likened it to using bot a belt and suspenders. It may be true that she has little patience with people who waste her time. From what I have learned from dealing with her both in Seattle and Fairbanks, Alaska, is that I have never met a better doctor.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

dr swee tan has a pompous attitude & is very rude!!! she seems very unprofessional......... did seattle send us the bottom of the barrel?? plz replace her, from my town of sequim to my home town of seattle.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

Dr. Tan is simply amazing! Obviously VERY VERY intelligent, yet has a wonderful bedside manner. She explains everything and makes you feel like you are her only patient. She placed a stent in my husband's carotid artery which had a nasty aneurysm. Her expertise, confidence, and willingness to get input from other experts in the field puts her in a category unlike any other doctor we have ever dealt with. She is a live saver and there is no words to express our thanks!!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

she is a great & full of information that is very useful for a patients when you are possible dealing with surgery. I highly recommend her for a surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2008

She is a brilliant surgeon, but more than that, she is compassionate and caring and knows her stuff. She is a take charge type of person. Some might find her blunt, but she deals with tough stuff. Her staff is the best, especially Trish, her scheduling person.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

Dr. Swee Lian Tan's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1988)