Ratings for Dr. Jaroslaw B. Dzwinyk

I made an appointment to Dr. Dzwinyk about a month ago. Just one day before my scheduled appointment, I received a call from the nurse or receptionist who told me I needed to come at 10:30 instead of my appointment time 11:45 or reschedule my appointment. I agreed and came at ~10:25; it took me ~10 minutes to fill out some paperwork since this was the first time I needed to see this doctor. You do not believe but I was waiting for 1 hour before I asked a receptionist how long more I had to wait; she responded I would be next to be seen by Dr. Dzwinyk; after this, I was waiting for more than 40 minutes and it was even after my originally scheduled time 11:45; then my patience was finished, and I was more than enough to wait, and I decided not to wait anymore. I said to receptionist that I did not have any more time to wait; also, I told I would see a doctor whom I would not have to wait for 1hour and 40 minutes. The receptionist did not even bother to calm me down and asking me to wait a little more; not she bothered to tell me what happened that I needed to wait so long. As a conclusion, I do not recommend anyone to try to see Dr. Dzwinyk unless you have a lot of time to waste on Saturday and if you have anything to do.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I came into his office and he told me that he would be giving me a corticosteroid shot in my knee to alleviate the pain. I came home and my knee swelled to the size of my head. He came to me and told me that something from the sky fell on my knee during the shot and caused an infection and that he needed to operate. Used 11 liters of liquid to remove corticosteroid liquid from knee. In summary he ruined my knee and caused more pain than before. Avoid him entirely. He operated on a friends hand 3 times and after the third unsuccessful try my friends insurance company said that if he returns to this doctor again they will not pay him. Very unprofessional and rude. Gets very angry when you ask to many questions. Look around somewhere else.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Dzwinyk is a fine surgeon. However, he has much to learn as a physician. He performed surgery on my 90+ YO mother after she fell and broke her femur. He never came out after surgery to summarize what took place, he saw her once during her stay in the hospital, but not talked to her 8+ weeks after the surgery. His procedure resulted in my mother walking again, so absolutely no complaints there. We have never seen the inside of his offices nor really seen his face and never expect to. If Dr. Dzwinyk reads this, you could have simply stuck your head out the surgical door and said "she's not dead". You spent no more than 2 minutes with her on rounds. You never saw her again and, frankly, you never will. In my work life I have met with hundreds of doctors all over the world, many as skilled a surgeon as you. However, the great ones are physicians that see there is living person beyond the x-rays who is just looking to be considered more than just a piece of meat.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Dzwinyk should be ashamed. First, it's important to note that I was made to wait so long I had to leave before seeing him - lucky are those that can sit in a waiting room for an hour after their scheduled appointment! What's the point of even scheduling? Short version is: I got there a few minutes early to fill out paper work and then ended up waiting an hour before I approached the receptionist (I had to stand there for a few minutes because he was in the back chatting with other staff)... finally we spoke and I confirmed my appointment time and that I had been waiting an hour. His response: "Dr. is running behind". Without him even hinting at when I might see the Dr. I said I would like to cancel and would be writing a review and still he didn't offer any solutions or anything. So, I asked for my paperwork back and walked out. Per other reviews this is a common problem - Dr. get it together and have a bit of respect for your patients, just like we do by arriving on time!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

Avoid him at all costs. I came on time to my appointment and waited for over an hour to see him. His office staff treated me like a nuisance. They ignored me and were annoyed when I asked for a receipt for my co-pay. When I finally saw him, he said that my symptoms suggested that I might have a labral tear in my hip. After having an MRI done the next week, and waiting well over another week to hear the results, I called the office to see what was going on and if I needed to schedule an appointment for the results. His office staff has given me the runaround, telling me to call back on such-and-such day, telling me Dr. Dzwinyk would call me back. It has now been 3 weeks and I still don't know what's wrong with my hip. Meanwhile, I'm still in constant pain. At this point I don't know if I should continue to bother them or if I should start all over with another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Dzwinyk's for 20-25 years. I also took each of my three sons to Dr. Dzwinyk for orthopedic care they needed throughout the years (all were very involved in sports, all suffered injuries, broken bones, etc). Dr. Dzwinyk is knowledgable, sincerely caring, and extremely giving of himself. Dr. Dzwinyk performed two surgeries on me over the years, and I will continue to seek his help and expert care in all future orthopedic needs I have. He is not always exactly on time, but that is because he cares for his patients and gives each one the attention they need, which at times causes him to run over his appointments times. And that is fine with me, because he gives me the time and attention when I need it also. I would recommend Dr. Dzwinyk to everyone.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

acl tear and mm .After 1st visit with doc.D i was told i will have to pay just about $500.00 after all i end-up with 8.000 k bill.Now 4 years after the surgery ai have to do it againg becouse what he did was not the way i was told and i tear my acl again.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Money hungry ambulance chaser!!! Run!!! Had the displeasure of meeting Dr D in the ER at NW Community Hospital in AH. He was the Ortho on call. Attending for the ped ER. All I can say is, he is the first and only dr that I have fired during the course of care. Even the ER staff were embarrassed by his behavior. For the pleasure he billed me a special "extended services" fee of $200 which was not covered by any insurance and after refusing to pay, sent me to collections and dinged my credit. Even if you have broken leg, run from this quack!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

I've seen Dr D on numerous occasions and yes, it's true that he runs late. That having been said, he is well worth the wait. He is a real person and doesn't think he's better than you because he is a Doctor. I find him to be very helpful and extremely thorough. My wife and I are both patients and unfortunately we have many doctor's for various medical issues. Dr D is our most favorite!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

Very unprofessional: I was very disappointed with "DR." Dzwinyk. I went in there hoping to get some sort of answer for my back problems and all I got was the run around. Not only did he not listen to me, he kept interrupting. When I questioned some of his reasons (I think we all should ask questions if not sure about something) he became very defensive. I work for a doctor and I know how important it is to make your clients feel that you genuinely care about what is going on, Dzwinyk obviously does not care anymore.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2008

Dr. Jaroslaw B. Dzwinyk's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1982)