Ratings for Dr. Vinod K. Gupta

Spent only a few minutes with me, even though I had just been released from the hospital for atrial fibrillation. Ordered same tests I just had in the hospital, didn't check the hospital records. Prescribed a blood thinner that requires regular lab monitoring, but did not mention or follow up on that. Told me nothing I did not already know. Very irresponsible. Stay away from this man.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Excellent Cardiologist. Patient and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

His staffer actually said he doesn't listen nor cares! Other docs in his area have not one good word for him! Many complaints about him being in practice for the bucks.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

After a few years of my mother seeing him we noticed a lack of interest. Never seemed to remember her and had to look at the patient chart from the beginning every time she went in. Kept his face in chart during questions and never seemed to answer anything. Finally found a different cardiologist. Have since found out from prior nurses he had a habit of hitting on his office staff causing them to quit. May not affect his skill but not a quality that builds confidence.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Referred to him because of concern around test results from my primary physician, and my concerns about possible symptoms. I cannot report on his knowledge, since he refused to share it with me. When I asked 3 questions about symptoms to watch for, he refused to answer and said if I failed the stress echo test he was scheduling, THEN he would have a conversation with me. He had no idea why I was there and expected me to tell him what results caused my doctor concern. Since I didn't even know the name of the tests I asked him to check, but he didn't have my file. This appointment was a complete waste of my time, since he didn't answer any questions, was unfamiliar with my test results--and he was very late.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

He performed angioplasty on my husband in Mar 2002 at TO hosp. Misdiagnosed 'whole body shaking' following day. After few days husband admitted to Simi hosp with kidney failure. diagnosis: Plaque broke off, blocked artery to kidney. Kidney shut down. Husband died in Sept 2002.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

Dr. Vinod K. Gupta's Credentials

• Mgm Med Coll, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore, Mp, India (Grad. 1972)