Ratings for Dr. John R. Shank

For my first appointment, I was 15 minutes early, completed my paperwork ahead of my scheduled time and waited 35 minutes before being called to wait for 15 more minutes to see his PA who was very good; very thorough. For the follow up appointment, I was again more than 15 minutes early to check in without additional paperwork and I waited 1 hour and 10 minutes to be called to wait for 15 more minutes. He was less than attentive and I will advice my friends to find another orthopedist.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I am having a triple arthrodesis with Dr. Shank next week. I was so impressed with him during my surgical consultation. He really listens to his patients and is compassionate and kind. He spends quite a bit of time with his patients and, this in turn, builds trust and confidence. Awesome doctor! Looking forward to a great result.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Dr. Shank did lisfranc bone fusion surgery on my 71 year old husband's foot 9 months ago. He can now golf, bowl, hike, & dance without any pain. The doctor's expertise and careful attention to the operation, follow up, and proper physical therapy referral made it possible.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

Awesome Doctor!!! Friendly staff that was willing to help!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Dr Shank, other doctors in same office and male PAs were all very good and caring with my daughter when last seen a few years ago. The main problem is the head tech or head x-ray tech female. When a doctor said that we could get a copy of x-rays, she refused, saying that it was not possible. The only was way to submit my daughter to more uncomfortable x-rays, she said (which I didn’t buy). Memorial North was happy to actually to Xerox an x-ray which was good enough for us. Unfortunately, I did not get around to complaining to the doctors/manager about her. She and a few (not all) techs were rude and apparently lazy as the other commenter posted. She definitely acted as though she was superior to my teenage daughter and myself, if not military families and all patients in general. For doctors/manager's reading this, she was tall with long blondish hair.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Despite the basically lazy, sometimes rude and generally unhelpful staff, Dr Shank is a dynamic caring foot specialist. He doesn't spend a lot of time with you (less than 5 minutes on a first visit) but he knows his stuff and he's quite nice while he's with you.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

Dr. John R. Shank's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)