Ratings for Dr. Veena Chandrakar

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

I absolutely love her! She is so kind, patient, and NEVER gives up no matter how many problems arise. I do not have cancer but have used her for several years as my Hematologist and would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone that wants a doctor that takes her time with each patient and actually listens to what you have to say. Absolutely best doctor that I have every been to in 35 years!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

i loved this doctor. she was very kind and attentive. she not only was very kind but i considered her as also becoming a friend.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

After 6 yrs. of CANCER I was told by my old Oncologist there was nothing left to do. I had been on every Chemo. I changed to Dr. Chandrakar in Oct. She was very positive and hopeful. After 9 treatments the 2 tumors in my left lung are GONE! 5 tumors in my spine GONE! Cancer in my ribs-GONE! Dr. Chandrakar listens when I need to talk and takes action. I find her very caring as is the whole staff. I thank God everyday that I was lead to her!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

Dr. Chandrakar is a wonderfull physician. Very positive and informative. She strives to give every patient the best care possible.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Compassionate,kind and knowledeable. She explains and answers all questions. She allows time for questions and answersd them with the truth.My sister found peace and confidence with her. She was at ease receiving her chemo and radiation. Due to Dr.Chandrakar's honesty and compassion,my sister's cancer was totally gone and she underwent her surgery. As her sister and a medical professional.I found solace in her treatment of my sister. At no time was she short with her answers. She placed no time limit spent with her,nor did she ever give any false hopes. She was available to the family to answer questions and allow them time to come to grips with the diagnosis. She answered questions to family members that called from other states with honesty and compassion.Families react to this news with anger and disbelief,and she allowed these feelings and helped us to overcome them and enjoy our time with our sister. She is what all oncologist should stive to be. Would recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

Please stay far away from this oncologist unless you want to put up with having your questions interrupted in mid-sentence and bullied during conversation, unless you want to deal with arrogance, and a gigantic ego. After asking her to not interrupt me while I was asking a question (which I put up with several times before on different occasions), she expressed that she no longer wanted to talk to me anymore nor did she show up to see my Mom (the patient) for 3 days. This is disgusting, despicable behavior from a specialist who should ease a patient and their family's duress rather than add to it. I would not recommend anyone from Northwest Cancer Center based on this experience. There is a special place in Hell for doctors like this.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009