Ratings for Dr. Kimberly J. Mcintosh

Dr Kim is kind, understanding and knowledgeable. My concerns are always addressed and the staff is the best!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I could not have had a more miserable labor experience. I'm not some hippie, water birthing, baby wearing, "I need a doula and magical birthing experience" kind of mom (no offense to anyone). I have worked in the medical field for 5 years. My husband is a paramedic and I have a sister and cousin who are both RN's in labor and delivery. I have a lot of blind faith in the medical community because I have never been given a reason not to trust a provider, whether professionally or personally. First off, Women's Health Specialist refuses to vaginally deliver a baby over 3800 grams... or 8.3 pounds. They refuse to take into consideration the patient. I am 5'8, 130 pounds. I'm not a small girl and my husband isn't a small guy. We are going to make a big baby. They will scare you with terms like shoulder dystocia (which is extremely rare) and try to convince you to do a c-section without citing the risks associated with that major surgery. If you are brazen enough to insist on a vaginal delivery, they insist on inducing you early, which will only increase your chances of failed labor. They broke my water at 9am and insisted I be pushing by 8:30pm, because Dr. McIntosh said she goes to bed at 10:30pm according to the nurse. As if my body had some biological timetable it must follow. The nurse turned off the Pitocin on her own at 1pm and restarted it on 2 at 4pm (which negates the whole induction thing). At 8pm I was 8 cm dilated and the midwife, after shoving her entire arm into my cervix, stated she felt fingers and that the baby was compound presenting with her arm stuck above her head (which is also so rare it warrants skepticism). If her arm was above her head why was it not felt at the first 5 cervical checks? At 4cm, 5cm, 6cm? Instead it was found out 30 minutes before the time I was "supposed" to be pushing when I was 8 cm dilated. When Dr. McIntosh found out, her reply was, "Can I cut her, can I cut her?". Dr. McIntosh didn't even check behind the midwife to confirm the supposed compound presentation and instead just took her word for it. After 24 hours of contractions and 12 hours of dilation, needless to say I was crying. When Dr. McIntosh did come in her first words were, "Why are you crying?" I have spoken with 5 mom's in the community where I live that have gone to Women's Health Specialist and had c-sections. They all tried to warn me but because I had such good experiences during my pregnancy, I just assumed they were the exception and had an isolated bad experience. I was wrong. DO NOT GO HERE!!! If you decide to anyway like I did, don't let them bully you. You have a right to refuse a c-section no matter what.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

No followup

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

Dr. Kimberly J. Mcintosh's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1998)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal