Dr. Gundu A. Reddy (Office Visits  & Telepsychiatry)
Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(21)

"Rare combination of excellent knowledge and skill with actual caring. I was in a crisis..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Wendy Weinstein

She prescribed me a toxic mix of Xanex, three anti-depressants, and Ambien. I nearly lost my mind being on such high doses of medication. I had to stop them all cold turkey as she wouldn't see me after I missed an appointment, even through I called to cancel it well in advance. She should lose her license for the overmedication and misuse of medication.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2019

What is she still practicing for? Doesn't sound like she belongs in practice.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

I was a patient of Dr. Weinstein's for several years, never missed or was late for an appointment. I live about 25 miles away and rather than cancelling, I drove through a terrible snowstorm to make an early morning appt. It took me almost an hour to get there. After driving around for another 10 minutes looking for a parking place, I finally parked illegally in a drugstore lot across the street. I was 7 minutes late for my appt. and she had taken the next patient. I was told he was a new patient and it would be about an hour before I could see her! I walked out in tears (I was so upset from driving all that way in such bad weather) and haven't been back.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

I went to dr Weinstein since February and missed ONE appointment since that time. I read all the bad reviews on her and still decided hey let me give her a shot(red flag number one) Every since I’ve been there my appointments have been less than 5 mins but changing my medication every time and not completely following up with me regarding the change(red flag number 2) since the medication changes I became suicidal and she sent me to cpep by ambulance where I was inpatient for 5 days. During that time nobody could get in touch with her family included to even ask one question or see how my meds were ordered or whatever. Upon discharge I was made an appointment for the next day. Well I woke up with bloody diarrhea and vomiting and could not make it. Was told over the phone that if I wasn’t going to come, I would have never been discharged (red flag number 3) how do you even say that to me when nobody could contact u for 5 days!!! So today I received a poorly written letter stating I was discharged from the practice for missing ONE appointment because I was too sick to come in. I recommend her to NO ONE she is the worst psychiatrist in buffalo and she doesn’t treat her patients with respect or care all she does is write prescriptions and talk to u for 5mins. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR INSURANCE MONEY ON THIS WACKO DR!!!! Worst decision of my life was going to her!!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

Today was a new low in Mental Health service. I suffered through an entire month without Xanax (which I have been on for over 8 years) because Dr. Weinstein would not previously prescribe due to a missed appointment. When I arrived today, Dr. Weinstein informed me that she would no longer prescribe me Xanax at all unless I joined a 12-step group. I only drink with dinners out, and only 2 drinks maximum. As I re-emphasized today, any illicit drug use was a thing of the past and my wife and I do not keep alcohol in the home. Dr. Weinstein did not care and her compromise was to send me to an ER that will not prescribe benzodiazepines (ECMC MAP) Ridiculous, frivolous, whimsical, inconsistent provider. STAY AWAY

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

She encouraged me to take medications and once I had a financial sitation she cut me off without advising me of how to continue the meds I am now physically addicted to and cannot quit cold. Having the "psychiatrist" you've been seeing for more than three years cancel your services because you are in a temporary financial rut sends an already severely depressed person into a downward spiral of despair and hopelessness. Great way to help someone who questions the very purpose of their existence because they can't pay right away. I've been crying in the bathroom of my job all morning because I feel so worthless. Don't see her if you have any issues what so ever. She is a pill pusher and an uncaring money grubber. Her staff is just as cold an mechanical.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

She is cold callous and fake. She only cares about getting paid and sees patients like an assembly line, about 15 minutes each. I’ve seen her smile at people and then scowl when she turns away and she will cut you off if you can’t pay without advising you how to get medication that you can’t quit cold. She clearly doesn’t care about people and only wants money for more tattoos.i

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Simply put, she is a liar who tells you something, doesn't follow through, strings you along and then won't even speak to you about it. Her behavior isn't just unprofessional, its uncaring and its harmful.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Won't see you if you are more than five minutes late, but never had less than a 10 minute wait. While the wait hasn't been terrible per se, a policy that punishes you for conforming to a standard wait time is. When asked to speak with my therapist to get additional details, Wendy repeatedly refuses to do so; literally sees you for four minutes. As she has refused to contact other professionals on three separate occasions, she is no longer my provider.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. Weinstein is what most would refer to as a pill pusher. She prescribed medications for me that weren't necessary, but advised they may benefit me to some degree (in terms of my physical ailments). However, once prescribed the benefits were minimal (briefly helped my fatigue) and she continually attempts to up your dosage each appointment (almost to the degree of haggling!). It is very clear that this psychiatrist is working primarily for financial kickbacks. My general physician, as well as other doctors were suspicious of the medications that I was being prescribed and why they were deemed necessary for the symptoms at hand. They advised me to wean off to treat the true symptoms, caused by a physical disorder (identified by a specialist). Upon calling to attempt to taper off, she refused to prescribe small tapered doses without an appointment (hours are outside of my availability) and would not speak to me over the phone. She advised her secretary that she would only see me to discuss alternative options (AKA she wanted to keep me on the medications at all costs). I can assure you this was not for any reason related to my interest as a patient, but rather her own financial interests. I'm truly appalled by this psychiatrist's tactics and overall approach. I aim to further communicate to whoever I can regarding her unethical delivery of services.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Wendy Weinstein's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

MSP/BC Med