Ratings for Dr. Sandra L. Zahradka

Go to Alabama Board of Medical Examiners, type in the good doctor's name and you will see for yourself. The "stories" are NOT made up. They are in fact absolutely true. Re: the patient who was turned away because her office is no longer accepting BCBS; it's not because the doctor doesn't want to but rather her privileges have been revoked due to insurance fraud. She's been investigated (FBI, ABMA, local law enforcement, etc.), charged, and convicted by authorities on mulitple occassions (2006, 2008) but not just for insurance fraud. There was the illegal distribution of narcotics and mistreatment of patients. As directed at the beginning of this post, just go to the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners and type in Sandra Zahradka...then you can see for yourself. Learn about her and stay away from this office.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Zaradka for a little over two years now. She's always been very knowledgeable, helpful and genuinely very caring. Her staff, from front to back, couldn't be better. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Exceptional Doctor. Very insightful, caring and knows her dermatology. I highly recommend Dr. Zahradka.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Unfortunately, I agree with the bad reveiws. The girls that work with her are great. Dr. Zahradka is a nice lady but a terrible doctor. I do not recommend her. I will go elsewhere for any dermatology needs.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

My entire family was loyal patients for a number of years to this doctor and office. We were not interested in the cosmetic but have a history of melanoma, so we are not easy patients that just come in for facials. The last time we tried to make an appointment we were told they no longer were accepting BCBS to look for another dermatologist. I have two young sons that really liked this doctor because her shots didn't hurt, they really didn't want to use another doctor. But I think aesthetics is such a big portion of dermatology now that people like us get pushed aside for the money making facials.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

She is a terrible doctor who still seems to be able to treat patients even though she's not even in the country! You never know if her office is even open and you can forget about ever getting in touch with them by phone!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

I never seen her as a patient I worked for her a very short time. Didn't think she was professional enough and the office manager doesnt have clue how to run a office. She does charge for things that she has not done. She has people that are not licensed working and doing procedures for her. I would be very careful in using this doctor for anything. Definetly the worse person you could work for in Birmingham.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2007

Well you were exactly right in your comments! However, there is more to the story! One nurse in particular was actually gathering evidence against the doctor and the other nurse basically told the truth and told the doctor what she was doing and both got fired. It is really sad because the doctor is unethical, unfair and does treat her staff like crap. The job security in that office is little or none. She does procedures and overcharges. For instance, she will freeze 2 spots and charge for 11. She will do a biopsy and charge for an excision. She has her favorite patients (fee for service) that she wants right back because they have cash and then there are those elderly patients that have to wait 2 hours for a visit. It is absurd how this doctor practices medicine. Her turnover has been astronomical in the last 6 months. She really should be checked and treated for bipolar. Warning to all!!! Stay away!! Google her! Type in Dr. Zahradka probation and there you have it!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2007

I am employed in Dr. Zahradka's office and I have 13 years of college, 2 Master's Degree, Medical Assisting Certification and 7 years of experience in Dermatology. I think I am certified to do any procedure or take care of any patient that walks through the door. We don't employ incomptetent people to work in our office.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

be very careful about procedures done in her office. employees are not licensed to perform the procedures they are doing.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

Dr. Sandra L. Zahradka's Credentials

• Marshall Univ Sch Of Med, Huntington Wv 25755 (Grad. 1989)

Commercial Insurance Company