Ratings for Dr. Catherine Mazzola

Absolutely love how well she explained our sons procedure and how the reassure that she and her staff gave us during the entire time! Thank you Dr Catherine Mazzola and staff!!! Jayden

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

Dr. Catherine Mazzola

Dr. Catherine Mazzola's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear that you felt reassured during your visit.

Submitted November 12, 2018

I am a patient of Dr. Mazzola and I have been going to her since before I can remember. She is an amazing person who truly cares about my heath and she is also brilliant. Dr.Mazzola saved my life.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Catherine Mazzola

Dr. Catherine Mazzola's response
Every day, I thank GOD for the talents, skills, staff, support, family and friends that He has given to me! I guess all the years of studying paid off!! Organic chem, physical chemistry...UGH

Submitted September 26, 2018

One of the bestcross for them and they have a team of doctors to her profession

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

I trust Dr. Mazzola with my eyes closed. She has an excellent bedside manner and you can really tell she loves what she does, as well as her patients. I love how she interacts with her patients. Her office staff are very polite and very accommodating.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Mazzola and her office staff are excellent!!!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Mazzola helped save my son's life after an ER visit for what turned out to be Hydrocephalus with a Blockage at level of Aqueduct of Sylvius caused by a Tectal Glioma. Not only was she very helpful with explaining and documenting everything such as risks and procedure, she also demonstrated strong compassion and bedside manner as a doctor with children of her own. Thank you for saving my son's life and she is HIGHLY recommended!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Mazzola is not only a brilliant surgeon but a wonderful human being. I thank God every day that she's here on earth & she chose to do what she does! She did a beautiful job with my newborn son when she performed cranial surgery on him at 3 months old. She also had a great bed side manor & was very informative & accessable to my husband & I. Shes a mother & I had many conversations with her where she spoke to me about her own children. She cares deeply about her patients & is completely devoted to helping people heal & live normal lives. Also her staff was terrific. They helped us through every step & answered every question no matter how small or difficult. My son is 3 years old & perfect! You would never know he ever had anything wrong with him & its all thanks to Dr. Mazzola!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

I will never forget that cold November morning I rushed my 10 year old son to the ER. I felt that my world was turning upside down. I take him to one hospital to be told they need to tranfer him to another hospital, as a parent you begin to panic, no one was telling you anything, only that they found a mass. At Morristown Memorial is where I met Dr. Mazzola, as a Mom herself she understood our pain, she explained to us my son's situation, she explained to us the importance of my son's surgery. My son was diagnosed with a Tectal Glioma on the Brain Stem. Though the Glioma could not be removed, Dr. Mazzola gave us hope, she gives the strength to be strong for our children. My son will live to become an adult. I cant thank her enough, I cant show her how much she helped me, she gave my son life again instead of a death sentence. Thank you, thank you for being you and always caring about your patients...Thank you... Thank you...until the next MRI and visit with you,

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

I also don't understand some of the comments about Cathy. Her and her staff have been wonderful to us. And if it wasn't for her, our son would not have made the recovery he did. We have spent many days and nights with Cathy and got to know her pretty well. She is well versed in what she does and if she doesn't have the answer to a problem, she looks until she finds it, which she did in our case. After all the surgeries, we followed her directions and our son made a fantastic recovery. That's what you do, follow her directions to prevent future problems. Our families have gotton together afterwards and we still keep in contact with her 6 years later. Her staff went above and beyond, answering our questions over and over until we understood. She is one of the most knowledgeable neurosurgeons we know and we've known quite a few. I would and have recommended her to others and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I am amazed to see some of the comments that are on Dr. Mazzola's page. I just took my 8 year old child to her over 3 years ago. I just saw her last week and as usual, she was a blessing. The amount of care and love that she shows my son and my family. She has definitely become part of my family and has even attended my son's birthday party for the past 2 years. Every procedure that has been done on my son so far was explained thoroughly. After surgery, she visited us every day and she was even there on a weekend just to come in and pray with us. What surprised me was how comfortable I felt from the moment I walked into her office. The office always had activities, books and games that my son could use while we waited to be called in. And I felt even more comfortable when I saw all of the pictures of her family around her office. I could not recommend Dr. Mazzola or as my son calls her "Dr. Cathy" enough. If you need a Neurosurgeon, I don't believe there is anyone better.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr. Catherine Mazzola's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mazzola is a BOARD certified Pediatric and Adult Neurosurgeon who provides compassionate and individualized care to every patient. She is one of the few FEMALE neurosurgeons in the US. Dr. Mazzola was selected to be on the Executive Committee of the Congress of Neurosurgery. She has authored several neurosurgical articles and is very involved in community outreach.

• English
  • Spanish

• College of Mount Saint Vincent (Grad. 1990)
  • University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (Grad. 1995)

• Craniosynostosis
  • Brain tumor
  • Cerebral palsy
  • EEG (electroencephalogram)
  • Deep brain stimulation
  • Brain AVM (arteriovenous malformation)
  • Laminectomy