Ratings for Dr. Jesse B. Jupiter

I went under surgery with Dr. Jupiter for an issue I had and chose him because of his strong reputation and referral from other doctors I had spoken to. Unfortunately, he has gotten to the point where he takes the easy way out in surgery, cuts corners, and doesn't cover all his bases. Things he missed during my surgery caused chronic pain afterwards and loss of functionality afterwards that I did not previously have. When I asked him about these issues, he actually did not even have an answer, and proposed a second "exploratory" surgery to try to figure it out. Because of this I've had to get a second surgery, from a different, more knowledgeable and thorough surgeon. I would not recommend Jupiter for surgery, as he misses important details and does not even have the answers that other surgeons (and even the internet) do have.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Tva absolute best surgeon there is.he is not arrogant he is professional I went to him for his surgery skills. He operated on me twice for different injuries and did a great job

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Jupiter treated me for a wrist injury. Treated me for months and it never got any better and he never had any new ideas. Finally decided to try a different doctor, when I went to pick up my files to take the new doctor was shocked by the unprofessional nature of his notes. The notes had more detail about how he was feeling and inter office drama than it did about my symptoms of treatment. Feel very good about the decision to get my care don else were, only wish I had followed my gut sooner.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

had 2 surgeries with dr jupiter,should have stopped at the first went in for minor cyst removal on finger,it was still there after surgery, decided to let him do surgery again to remove what should have been removed the first time,big misteak,came out of surgery with a deformed finger that i can`t use now. even the so called best drs make misteaks but would be the last to admit it. use your own judgement and get more than one opinion

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr Jupiter treated me for a fracture near my elbow which would not heal. He is an excellent surgeon and I am able to use my arm and elbow without difficulty. He's very busy and doesn't give "warm fuzzies" but I found him to be very kind. He's a fantastic surgeon! If you want the best, go to him. If you want a "friend" than go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

This guy is THE BEST surgeon around. I had an ulnar nerve transposition surgery, and he was fantastic. He is very efficient, and very talented. The only downside is the difficulty getting an appointment. Also, he can be a little quick. He doesn't spend a lot of time talking or explaining things. But then again, you're not going to him for conversation, you're going to him because he's the best.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Had surgery by Dr, Jupiter. He knew his stuff! But did not explain or prepare me for the recovery effects after the Carpel Tunnel Hand surgery. I would refer him but explain he's on the fast track.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

Dr Jupiter is one of the world's foremost hand surgeons. Unfortunately, he does have an attitude--he's arrogant. Well, you're not hiring the guy because he has a great bedside manner; you're hiring the guy because he's THE BEST when it comes to wielding the knives and other tools. If you know to expect attitude, then he really doesn't have a horrid bedside manner. He's well worth a trip to see from anyplace in the world.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008

Dr. Jupiter treated both my wrists for deQuervain's Tendonitis. I had tried everything before going to him (accupuncture, massage, chiropractic, braces) and nothing helped. Dr. J completely solved my problem in 2 visits. This guy really knows what he is doing. If you have any hand or wrist pain he is THE guy to go to. Plus he has a really cool name!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2006

Dr. Jesse B. Jupiter's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)