Ratings for Dr. Thomas P. Ragukonis

This man is abnoxious stay away. Assessed me for 2 minutes then had his mind set for a procedure of an epidural with no other option. When is asked him if there was any other options he smiled and said no. I thought that smile was so wicked I said thank you and did not schedule myself to be under the care of this individual. I had read the other reviews from other people and the negative ones seem very believable while the positive seem to be written by him. I did notice a couple of $100,000 cars in the lot. My advice is if you go to this guy try to seek a second opinion if you catch some shifty vibes off him.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

He has terrible patient care and just wants to milk your insurance for all they're worth to leave you in as much pain as you were in to begin with. He is just a drug dealer in a lab coat. Don't take my word for it, read all of his reviews.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Do NOT truste this man or his office. The staff is grossly unprofessional and mistake prone. The kicker? Because he screams at staff (and patients) the staff is clearly afraid of him and they blame the patient for their mistakes. DONT BELIEVE THE MAJORITY OF POSITIVE REVIEWS They are most obviously fakes; a review needs to cite specifically an interaction or incident to be real. ALL the negative ones, and only a few of the positive ones, follow this pattern. If you must use him, I pray your experience is better than mine.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Horrible staff, egotistical jerk Dr. It's as if he's paying you.. He saw something in my MRI that the last 3 Dr's missed. Then insurance problems prevented me from seeing him for 1 month then, with his backed up schedule, it was almost 3 months that I hadn't seen him - none of my doing. He acted like is was a personal affront to him. He was rude and abrupt and, before we could even get that out of the way, he was giving me ultimatums to "do what I say or get treatment elsewhere". I was so floored, I couldn't speak. I'd never been spoken to by a Dr or so mistreated by staff (they screwed up and hadn't contacted me when they said they would - I waited like a good patient taking them on their word to "call when we get approval") and then, to have it all turned around on me with such a horrific attitude - I was literally aghast! He said "yeah? you gonna make those eyes at me? You don't like it, go somewhere else" and he was gone. Didn't examine me, didn't spend more than 2 mins in the office with me AND they wouldn't let my wife in with me - who helps with taking notes and remembering to say things I forget to tell the Dr since the traumatic brain injury. I waited almost 3 months to see him and he accused me of lying about this wait "We don't do that to patients" - I've been suicidally distressed in pain and this whole experience has made me think that way again. STAY AWAY FROM THAT MAN AND THAT OFFICE - THEY ARE EVIL AND EVEN THOUGH HE MAY KNOW SOMETHINGS HE'S ABOUT PAIN SHOTS AND B.S. CONTINUING TREATMENT - NOT CURING - CONSTANT TREATMENTS FOR THE CASH...

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I have been suffering with neck and back pain for 8 years before I decided to go see Dr. Ragukonis. He treated me with kindness and respect was truly involved in my care. I found the staff to be respectful and efficient. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I can't believe the revoew s about the staff being nice the lady who runs the front over books appts so expect to wait over an hour.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I have had back pain for 20 years. I was recommended to Dr. Ragukonis by a friend and ever since have been pain free. He is a amazing Dr. And would recommend him to anyone. His staff is also very nice and are will to do what ever they can! Sam K.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

As a knowledgeable affiliate of the medical profession, I put great trust in Castle Connolly rated Top Doctors. It is no wonder why Dr. Ragukonis is listed for the New York Metro Area for Best Doctors. He was compassionate and very knowledgeable about my condition. Not only did he understand the severity of my pain, but he treated me like a friend or family member and consoled me for my discomfort. Dr. R. treated me with kindness and for the first time in a long time, I am pain free and can live near a normal life again. I had lost all faith in treatments and drugs, but Dr R. restored my trust in the profession. I will recommend to anyone that if they have pain (no matter where) they should go see Dr Ragukonis.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Doctor Ragukonis worked wonders for my ailing back. I highly recommend him for any back ailments especially in regards to pain management.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I found Dr.Ragukonis to be very polite, professional, and knowledgeable. He was able to diagnosis the cause of my pain on the first visit and explained my options. I followed his suggestion and am now pain free. I am so fortunate to have found such a bright, competent doc. Forever grateful!!!

Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Thomas P. Ragukonis's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1987)

AHC