Ratings for Dr. Steven H. Brenner

I was a patient of Dr Brenner from 2013 – 2017. He treated me using my own eggs before I moved on to donor eggs at his recommendation. LI IVF (Long Island IVF) has a 0 for 20 live birth rate for the three separate donor egg batches that I acquired from their egg bank despite the fact that neither my husband nor I have no medical issues that would prevent a donor egg from working. In fact, none of the eggs in the last two batches resulted in any viable embryos for transfer meaning we never even got to the point where we were able to transfer them into my body. They used what we considered to be misleading information to sway me to use their frozen egg bank which was not a good solution and their laboratory had a significant failure contributing to our lack of results. We spent our life savings and had nothing to show for it. I had been told by Dr Brenner that an embryo from a single donor egg would have a 60% likelihood of success with a 5% chance of miscarriage but my results and their lack of ability to even get to the point of transfer for those last two batches in our opinion is beyond anything a patient could anticipate based on their sales pitches or any ethical or consumer standard. I switched to another clinic and immediately - first attempt - got pregnant and am already 21 weeks along with genetically tested normal embryos in reserve for future use. I have very detailed documentation that describes my experience and outcome that I would be happy to discuss with any prospective patient. I would also love to hear from other people that had similar experiences.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I went to Dr Brenner after multiple failed ivfs. He suggested a different course of action that my previous office didn’t. I got pregnant the first time! Dr Pena did some of my exams when my anxiety was through the roof. He was extremely comforting and understanding. I have read through some of these reviews and I don’t get it at all! Everyone I have dealt with (Brenner, Pena, Vicky, nurses, techs) was super nice, comforting and sent me off with positive thoughts every visit! I would recommend them over the last specialist I used. No questions asked!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

This guy is more concerned about getting you pregnant and making money then anything else. He gave me Lupron injections while having undiagnosed cancer., which I expressed concerns of having with him. The lupron exasperated the growth of the cancer.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

I am not a fan of Dr. Brenner, I suffered through my ordeals quietly as I was doing donor egg with this facility. When I first met with Dr Brenner, he examined me like normal and out of the blue he did a rectal exam as well. I was quite shocked and mortified and did not ask why he did that. I had done five IVF cycles prior and my previous Dr. never did that. Five years later I still feel violated!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I was a patient of LI IVF last year. During my visits in the early morning for blood the nurses and staff were always very friendly and hopeful. But with the IUI's and negative results that followed it was very discouraging. At some point I was dissatisfied with the service of one person but that does not even matter anymore. Dr. Brenner was very honest and advised that you should maybe consider trying a different option either adopting or egg donor due to my age if we could only afford one option. But, with that news being so hard to hear, we said lets try one last time. If it does not work we will save to adopt. Well, we actually moved forward with an IVF procedure and long and behold I got pregnant and 8 months ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. I will always be grateful for the honesty and support of Dr. Brenner and the staff and most importantly my daughter. I have the family I always dreamed of.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

I've been going to LI IVF and Dr. Brenner for four years and finally gave up this past spring. The doctor told me I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I did IUI, IVF with my own embryos and finally 2 cycles of donor eggs. During all of my appointments I was told I was moving in the right direction with development of uterine lining, etc. and still had too many failures to count. Truthfully, I am trying to accept that this isn't meant to be for me because no doctor has a100 percent success rate. However, I will tell you that the front desk staff and most of the nurses were condescending, insensitive and rude! If I couldn't come in on a specific morning for blood work or sono they were like, Yeah, we know you have to work. Yes!!!!! I have to work early some days and overtime on the weekends so I can keep my job that affords me the benefits to receive this expensive treatment! Don't let them fool you with early hours either, because they do first come, first served. When I caught onto this I was getting there at 6 AM standing outside in the cold and rain so I could get in and get to work on time. Then I was sabotaged by a bunch of women who sat in the parking lot in their warm cars who claimed that they had already worked out an appointment order for the day AND they held spots for each other....pretty crafty!!!! Believe it or not I think most of them were teachers. The last straw was when I stood outside this past January the day of the blizzard for an HOUR just freezing only to have a woman try to say she was before me when the whole time she was sitting in a warm car. When the staff called her in first and I questioned them they said that this woman got there before me and flat out told me I was a liar. None of the other patients backed me up even though they knew I stood in the cold while this princess stayed warm in a double parked car with her husband in the drivers seat. Sorry!!!!! My husband had to be at work! In short, watch out for the staff and cutthroat cliques of patients. Ironically, during my whole time there I was told to relax. Meanwhile, all this office does is nurture a stressful and judgmental environment.

Submitted July 23, 2015

Do not use Dr. Brenner if you are 38 or over because he will tell you that you have premature ovarian failure and make you feel like you are wasting your time. He doesn't like to treat you if you will ruin his statistics and older. I am now 41 and got pregnant on my own when he said it was not possible. He turned me away and my most vulnerable time and is only concerned with the younger girls who can't get pregnant. A waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

If you are looking for a doctor who is empathetic, has a bedside manner, and shows just a bit of compassion do NOT use Dr. Brenner. He is cold, insensitive, and does not go the extra mile. He is forgetting that he is in the caregiving profession and is dealing with emotional, sensitive women who want a baby more than anything. He made me feel terrible during every visit, phone call, etc. I have never felt that way about any doctor. My husband and I left the practice after several failed cycles. We are now with an amazing practice - with a dr. that has a heart and remembers why he went into the profession to begin with; to help people and show some sensitivity. The only people who made me feel at ease in the practice were the nurses: Jane, Jackie, and the receptionist, Audrey. They were all very sweet. I thought Heidi the NP was inappropriate with comments she made during sonograms - did not like her. Do not use this factory of a practice! Do not use Dr. Brenner!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

I wouldn't know where to start with this doctor. He doesn't go the extra mile to find out what the cause is of infertility issues. I actually had to look up on line to see what my next step would be and he didn't suggest anything. He may be good with patients that don't have hormone level issues but for people like me that have hormone level issues, he lacks knowlege and doesn't care what you say. I am going to a doctor that actually helps me achieve my goals.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Very Professional. Brings true caring in this field. Would highly recommend this Doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

Dr. Steven H. Brenner's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal