Ratings for Dr. Abrham Tekola

Dr. Tekola is nice and meets my need whenever I see him. Here is where the rare problem arises. The office staff will invariably tell you that they are booked solid and that I should go to the ER if I need to be seen right away. I have scheduled an appointment for 10 days later! Nowadays, I skip that phone call and just walk in. I am seen within 20-60 minutes, far less than I would have to wait at the ER. Isn’t that the point of having a primary care doctor? The office staff are careless and they seem downright lazy. My wife waited three weeks for a referral and finally had to call in and remind them. They gave her some kind of lame excuse. They were equally slow when it came to test results. She went and had a cat scan early on a Friday morning and the technician told her the test results would be available by noon. When she called in around 1:30, the office staff had the gall to tell her that the results would not be ready until next week. She called the test center and they confirmed they results had already been faxed to Dr. Tekola. The office staff finally found the test results after repeated calls. They are chronic liars and really should be fired.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Excellent staff,partiality,helpfulness, obviously knowledge.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Horrible rude staff and the Doctor does not care if a patient is suffering most people that do like his services is because they are getting medicine they do not even use while patients who suffer illnesses that require medications are judged very inapporiately I plan to take this to malpractice no one should feel afraid of there doctor or not be seen and have to go to a emergency room so horrible !

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I waited 3 months to see him but it worth it for a good doctor like him!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I have seen the doctor for over two years and believe he is caring and compassionate. He is intelligent, to the point and always advocate healthy life style. It hard to get a good doctor like him with with a Medical and Medicare insurance. He is very strict when it comes to prescribing pain medication. If you are looking for narcotics, that is not a place to go. It seems like he is overwhelmed by the patients seeking for drugs. The cons; Hard to get appointment. If you need to be seen right away, ER or urgent cares are your best optios.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

This is the doctor Medi-cal assigned me too. I went for my first initial appointment. My appointment was at 2pm. I was the only Caucasian person there. The rest were Russian. This is a Russian doctors office. Now I have no issues with Russian. My best friend for 13 years is Russian. What I do have a problem with is the fact that he took all these walk in Russian patients, none of which were seriously or even mildly ill or hurt, before he took me. I had an appointment and was even there early. He didn't see me until the office emptied of all other Russian patients at 4pm. I got ti the exam room. I just moved t o Sacramento and had not been to a doctor in over a year. I have asthma. I asked for a refill on my current prescription which was Xopenex. He refused to refill that. It has lower amounts of steroids in it. He instead would only refill with albuterol inhaler. I also tried to explain that my feet are in a lot of pain. I am 200lbs and am 5 foot 3 inches. I know I,m over weight but i have never had an issue with my feet. They feel numb but it is the pins and needles numb even when I'm off of my feet and they are elevated. If I'm on my feet too long there is a painful stabbing and burning sensation in my left foot on the arch. Now i ware jell inserts in my shoes and am on my feet for 15-19 hours a day fir the last year. Reason being my husband was in a car accident. He is now at home but he us a C1 complete quadriplegic and on a ventilator 24/7 to keep him breathing. So I'm on my feet all day either caring for him or our autistic son. So no the pain is not because of my weight. But thus doctor would not listen to me. He refused to do any thing or even look at my feet. Another patient walked in and all hes said to me was "loose weight" and "your inhaler has been faxed to the pharmacy." Then he left to go see the other patient and I was sent home.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Don't expect to get any appointments within the week. You have to schedule a visit a month out. They don't have any emergency walk ins. Was always referred to go to the ER if I needed to see the doc.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Every time I come here, Dr. Tekola is nice and so is his staff. I am seen on time or with a small wait, but not too long. I recommend him to anyone looking for a new doctor around this area. He makes sure that you understand what hes saying.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Nothing but a topnotch doctor, supported by his outstanding staff! Dr. Tekola is not only knowledgeable, he is very professional, and very caring! He listens and explains in details, until you understand what is wrong with you! His manner is courteous, takes time to listen and examine, and you never feel that you are rushed! When he first moved to the Carmichael office, one of my residents(I have a board and care facility for Elderly)refused to get out of the facility to see a doctor! I have called a few doctors to please do a home visit! He was the only one responded, he visited our resident either on his lunch break or after his clinic hours! That is why, I have nothing but great things to say about him! If there is any abnormal laboratory results or findings in any of the tests, he would personally call you, usually after office hours or his break! He is also very diligent in taking history/ symptoms and very clear with his diagnosis! He is very thorough and always in good mood!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Tekola for many years and always feel I get the service I expect from my physician. He is knowledgeable and takes his time to explain things. I don’t ever feel rushed. His new office location is convenient, clean and his staff is very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Dr. Abrham Tekola's Credentials

• Har'Kovskij Med Inst, Har'Kov, Ukraine (Grad. 1986)

Champ Va