Ratings for Dr. Michael Bloom

So glad I found a new primary after leaving bloom. I no longer have to take time off of work to see the doctor due to his ridiculous wait times. His joining mdvp, and my leaving bloom was the best thing that could happen to me in the long run. I still do not understand how in this day and age how he thinks normal working families can pay his $1600 + fee just for selecting him as your physician. I also have to question why he does not coordinate with Independent Health any longer. Bloom, get off of your high horse. There are many doctors that are following the oath they took, and not practicing medicine on only people with money. Shame on dr. Bloom!!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Have been a "patient" with Bloom for decades, only because a primary doctor was required by Independent Health. This primary doctor simply collected office visit fees and referred me to, what I believe to be bogus, "specialists". One such referred specialist simply gave me a cortisone (sp) shot for a swelling on my left hand and required me to come back for same. I advised DR(?) Bloom that this was a stop gap, symptom treatment, and not a causal remedy and he referred me to another QUACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now he wants nearly $2000.00 just to visit him AND PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR THE PRIVILEGE??????????????? This is where health "CARE" has gone after 8 years of OBama and the dems hijacking of same!!!!!!!! I tolerated hours of waiting for my appointed time in his office. I tolerated continuous TESTS and Crap. And now, some such money grabbing physicians, LIKE BLOOM, have gone to price gouging fees on top of already inflated, exorbitant, questionable, bordering on fraudulent and totally unjustified health CARE fees. No wonder our system of health care has gone to your being VERY RICH or VERY "POOR" to be treated by the likes of Bloom who contributes to the astronomical rise in just seeing a "DOCTOR". Dear Dr. Bloom, you have made your MILLIONS, be satisfied and disappear!!!!!!!!!!! And now, I need cataract surgery. I need a primary CARE!!!!!!!!!! doctor to clear me for surgery. Bloom no longer accepts Independent Health after 6/30/17. Where do I go for a "PRIMARY" doctor???????? I pay nearly $700 per month to Independent Health. Bloom has. in my opinion ripped off private and public insurance. Now he has joined some further rip off group to lessen his load and increase his profits. The Hippocratic Oath for DOCTORS, especially in Blooms case, no longer applies!!!!!!!!! Thank you Mikey!!!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

If you want to spend $1650 a year for a doctor to spend more time telling you to eat better & lose weight, I guess this would be for you. Very unethical. There are many good physicians that do not practice price based medicine. Save your money & go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I was in the emergency for a heart problem they paged him in the hospital and later told by the er doctor that he wanted to see me later in his office instead of coming to see my there. I guess for his copay for the office visit

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr bloom now is associated with mdvip. This means he is charging a yearly fee of $1650 just to retain him as your primary physician. He is now weeding out patients and practicing price based medicine. Money talks. And if you have none, he will not bother with you. Lots of staff, and all are confused. 2-3 staff work at front desk, and it still takes a 1/2 hour to check out. Not only is the wait time long in the waiting room, wait until they put you in the exam room.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Been a patient for nearly 30 years and after his wonderful office assistant Elinda retired, the service has been terrible. He was always running behind, but before you could call ahead and adjust your schedule, now they don't care and just make you come in and sit there. He only has a few minutes to talk to you, so you'd better talk fast and he always thinks he's right and that you must be lying or exaggerating your own experience. I'm sure there are better doctors out there.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

He doesn't return his telephone calls, he walks out of the room if you cry, he doesn't visit his patents in the hospital, he is incompetent, and he just doesn't give a d***.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

The staff is not very friendly, nor helpful in answering questions. The wait time average for our family is 40 minutes or more. Blood work scripts promised to be sent to Quest don't get sent as promised leaving the patients without the necessary tests and wasting the patients precious time. Three times now for me,but I will not allow it to happen again. Return calls from the doctor himself have been rare.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr. Bloom found an aortic aneurysm 2 months before it could have ended my life. Based on one funny lookin line on my EKG.Iowe him my life and could never repay that debt.ill gladly sit here all day and never complain.thank you dr. Bloom and god above

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

I have been treating with Dr. Bloom ever since I was a baby. I have always found him to be exceedingly caring and knowledgeable. He has always taken my concerns into consideration. If i have any qualms about my experience with his office, it would be the punctuality, though as of late they have been much improved.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

Dr. Michael Bloom's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1979)