Ratings for Dr. Elliot J. Kopp

Dr Kopp has treated me for a number of different conditions: Hip bursitis, trigger points, thumb joint effusion and low back pain. He does not rush and is patient, thorough, meticulous and kind. He listens to what you say and will help you put your symptoms into a meaningful and useful form. He always gives carefully worded instructions as to what he wants me (the patient) to do. I have recommended him many times.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I went to Dr. Kopp for the first time about 13 years ago. I was dealing with major allergy and asthma issues and being shuffled from one specialist to another. He was the only doctor that listened to my history and took a more common sense approach. It took eight medications and shots at first to keep everything under control and I eventually got down to one medication and shots after treatment. If I had an issue and needed an appointment, I was always in that same day. Dr. Kopp has his own way of doing things and you just have to adjust a little to his style. If you do, you will get excellent treatment.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I've been seeing Dr Kopp for more than 10 years and he's the best. I have seen doctor after doctor including Duke Rheumatology who confirmed my diagnosis, prescribed PT and when it was complete told me they couldn't do anything more. Dr Kopp is definitely no nonsense and he's not the right Doctor if you want a shoulder to cry on. He definitely clicks with some people and not others. If you don't click I'm sure he may come off as rude and condesending. Have said all that, he is very knowledgable and continues to read current medical literature. He does participate in Clinical Trials and always gives patients a chance to participate. We talk about anything new that has come up eventhough he knows I'm not likely to take up the offer. He does this not because he's greedy as a previous review stated, but because it is his job. He beleives that his job is to make sure we have the best quality of life and that means offering patients new treatments when they are available.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Wonderful Physician...Dr. Kopp and his staff have always been timely, and they will see you quickly if your in need. I wish there were more like him. Again, wonderful physican and person.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

Dr. Kopp is one of a vanishing breed of doctor who take the time to examine you carefully and discuss everything thoroughly. He did a great job analyzing my condition and finding the right treatment for it, as well as trying to minimize the risk of side effects. And I have never had to wait for more than 5 minutes, which is extraordinary for a specialist!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

Dr. Kopp was the first doctor to finally find a cause the the pain I have been suffering for 15 years. Since my first appointment, I've just had the most pain-free month in a long, long time. He's the best. Very no nonsense and to the point and obviously skilled in his specialty.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

Dr. Kopp in very knowledgeable and willing to try treatment where others have failed. He is great at diagnosing conditions and finding the right treatment. He got me back on track with allergies and asthma when I had just about given up hope. He can be a little curt at times but I do beleive he cares about his patients. Most of the time he is fine.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

This is one of the best doctors I have ever had - absolutely delightful. He cracks jokes, doesn't act rushed, listens well and answers all my questions. He is conservative about recommending needless tests and invasive procedures. He is knowledgeable and up-to-date on the latest about any complaint I bring. He nails the diagnosis when it is nailable, but will not hang me with an unproven diagnosis. (That's a good thing.) He never dismisses my symptoms or suggests they're in my head. He gives me several treatment options instead of just telling me what to do, gives the pros and cons of each, and lets me decide what I prefer. He is a strong advocate for patient comfort and quality of life. In trying to understand the negative reviews all I can say is that at first he does appear to have an aloof manner, but after a few visits you find this is just a quirk. He is anything but aloof and condescending, quite the opposite. An outstanding doctor and great office staff.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Dr. Kopp has been my rheumatologist and allergist for approximately 25 years. I judge him to be and excellent physician with good interpersonal skills. He has always made me feel as if we are partners in my treatment. He gives me his judgement as to the best course to follow, but always listens to my concerns. He never seems to be in a hurry during office visits. He works hard to give me the best quality of life possible. I would not hesitate to refer my family and friends to him. I never wait very long to see him and his staff is the best. He and his staff reply to phone messages quickly. I have nothing but good things to say about the care I have received from Dr. Kopp.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009

Worke4d with Dr Kopp for allergies. very reliable and knowledgeable. Veryprecise in his history and assessment. Very Helpful. Back after moving back to Raleigh Still good after all these years.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

Dr. Elliot J. Kopp's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1973)