Ratings for Dr. Liliane Zakhary

Took my 2 day old daughter to see her. She sent us to sick kids claiming she had a "blue spell" b/c of her report we had to stay 24hr at sick kids and had unnecessary tests done. All staff we surprised that she was told to come in as there was absolutely nothing wrong with her and what dr. Zachary saw would never be classified as a 'blue spell' she should know that!!! Just got a call from sick kids, due to her unecessary visit my daughter has been exposed to chicken pox. Worst Dr. STAY AWAY!!!!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

great doctor, but i always have to wait 40 minutes Everyy time a come. its worth it tho cuz i always get a lollipop or a sticker after :)

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Quality is really lacking here, she seems aloof and indifferent and shockingly forgetful... is that acceptable for a medical practitioner? Twice she misspoke and almost gave me the wrong medication. Her entire office and team are so tardy but anyone who has ever seen it in action before will know this. I will not be coming back to this office as Dr Zakhary ems to not know what she is doing. I advise caution.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

I find Dr Liliane Zakhary to be very poor in how she handles time. We normally always have to wait for her at least min 1 hour to see her (which really defeats the purpose of having an appointment) . Once we are in she doesn't spend more than 5min with us, so it doesn't really make sense why the wait time is so long in the office. I find she is all about the money. Once when we were travelling to mexico, she said there was $50 for travel advice. Isn't OHIP already covering for the visit to be seen by the doctor? Due to travel time, wait time and the parking fees we found a pediatrician closer to home. We were charged $47.50 for our daughter's medical records! I found this to be very ridiculous. When I complained about the fee, I was told by the receptionist (Vandana), she advised me to reconsider switching doctors in that case. When my sister did a switch for my nephew, she was never charged any fees for his medical records. Crazy!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Great, been going there since I was young; she has a lot of exp.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

So good awesome dr every single person all around the would should like her she rocks

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I think Dr Zachary is the best Dr for my kids I had the best experience been a parent

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

I don't know how knowledgeable she is because I hear her tell A LOT of her patients (overheard) that they are low in Iron and have High cholesterol. I had my kids examined and sure enough (according to her standards) they were low and high is the respective area. She is very strict on diets and basically told me to feed them like rabbits, when the ideal nutrition is a balance. She is very impatient, I have seen her yell at kids on any occasions, she yelled at my son because he ripped a paper from the bottom of a chair, since then I had always scolded my kids to stay quiet... and that is not ideal considering her job is with KIDS. I wish I could find a GREAT doctor in my area to switch my kids to and never have to deal with her again, its so stressful. Wait times are Ridiculous!! 3-4 hours wait!!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

Well, it’s true that she is not punctual and sometimes her attitude is harsh and the reason being that she can’t compromise parents not taking care of their children despite her repeated reminders. Also, one has to bear in mind that she is a specialist and if I not mistaken on call doctor as well at Etobicoke Hospital so this being the reason for her not being punctual. On another note, when it comes to her expertise Dr. Zakhary is very knowledgeable and quick in identifying problems even before recommending tests. My three children are enrolled with her and although I have moved to a different city, I am not comfortable taking the risk of switching over to other paediatrician. I am surprised to see comments posted by other people indicating her lack of expertise in her field. I would strongly recommend Dr. Zakhary especially for new born. Taha

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

I had a bad experience.She put my daughter through a series of tests.At the end of it all, she could not diagnose the problem.I had to go to Sick Kids where eventually the problem was found out.The pediatrician at Sick Kids was surprised to see the folder I made for my daughter.In it I had copies of all the tests and prescriptions of Dr. Zakhary.The Sick Kids doctor lamented that my daughter has been put through a series of unnecessary tests and needless medication.I have seen her yelling at people on two occassions.I have zero respect for her.I am a businessman.If I cannot do something, I plead ignorance and suggest my customer to try someone else.Never make a guinea pig of my customer.Dr. Zakhary made a guinea pig of my daughter.Her social and people skills too are very poor.She gets irritated if questioned much.You have to place blind faith on her even if it is clear that she may be going wrong.If she gets any hint that a parent is questioning her decision, she erupts.

Submitted June 30, 2010