Dr. Judy Sturm

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Judy Sturm

I am afraid that my initial impression that Dr Sturm is a really caring dentist dissipated after I had been to see her a few times. This practice is all about getting as much money out of you as possible. Even before they treat you they first submit a bunch of predeterminations to your insurance to see what they will cover; once you are a patient they will send you a reminder shortly before your annual insurance turn-around date to say that it would be a shame not to use up your benefits; in line with this, every filling that was recommended to me (and at first I followed these recommendations) was a "3-surface filling" - allowing for maximum cash-outs. Dr Sturm is friendly enough, but frankly not all that competent: in most cases when I had specific questions, I was referred to other doctors; or I was told to buy some product her practice sells, like a mouthwash. The staff are very friendly but rather badly organized - they always seem flustered when they need to do something for you and it takes forever to complete simple transactions like paying your bill. I came with high expectations - and was thoroughly disappointed, I am afraid.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Judy takes care of the whole person. Especially important for someone who is not overly comfortable at the dentist. Judy and team make sure that the experience isn't too traumatic for me. And when those little emergencies happen (a crown coming off the day before I flew out on vacation) they managed to squeeze you in to save the day.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I had a wonderful experience yesterday in this office. Dr. Sturm stayed late to attend to a broken tooth which turned out much more complicated than anticipated. At all times she acted very professionally and constantly was concerned that I was not in pain. She even called me in the evening to inquire how I was feeling. Would highly recommend this office!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

This is such a wonderful practice, they definitely make you feel like they care and want the best for their patients. First time in a long time that I actually look forward to going to the dentist. Thank you Dr. Sturm and team!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

I have Cancer & after 3 years of Chemo & Plasmapheresis my teeth were not in good shape & loose. I had a very bad dental infection & on OSDP. Dr Sturm personally came to look at my issues & referred me to an excellent Endontist, Dr. P Shedeltsky. Her staff, especially Kelly took the time to follow up w/ my Oncologist to get the correct forms completed. I suffer from very bad anxiety & Dr. Sturm is so patient. OSDP only covers a very small portion of the bill. She donated her time. I have had 6 upper caps & an implant done by Dr Sturm prior to my Cancer. (I had no issues w/ these teeth after chemo). She always takes the time to personally write a letter to specialists regarding further dental treatment to ensure your needs are met. She is not only professional, patient, very experienced; she cares about her patients. Nothing is an effort. I highly recommend Dr Sturm. She is an excellent dentist and her staff very helpful.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I love Dr. Sturm. I had a small emergency on Christmas eve and she stayed late for me to ensure that I was comfortable over the holidays. The staff was wonderful to me and I enjoyed my Christmas !

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

Judy Sturm herself is very good - however a few years ago her staff passed me on to her associates twice and I changed dentists because of this. Kim (the receptionist at the time) was very rude to me but Chari diffused the situation. Still, I have a very bad taste in my mouth.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I've been going to this office for less than a year but I have to say they have taken this very anxious patient and made him feel very comfortable. The work they have done has been excellent as well. I am very glad I found them.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Reading some of these comments, I'm really surprised! I've been going to Dr Judy Sturm for 3 years and the staff is amazing. Maybe she's taken the comments to heart, because everyones been more than friendly to me :)

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Sturm is a fantastic dentist. The clinic is beautiful and the staff is friendly and very helpful.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr. Judy Sturm's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Judy Sturm and Associates have been providing quality general and cosmetic dentistry services in the Bay Bloor / Yorkville neighbourhood of downtown Toronto for over 25 years. They are passionate about their work and about offering their patients expert dentistry in a gentle, caring environment. Services include teeth whitening, dental implants, emergency appointments and much more. Dr. Sturm was voted Best Dentist in Toronto by the readers of Now Magazine in 2015, 2014 and 2012. (She has also consistently been voted Best Mom in Toronto by her husband – her #1 fan – and by her five children, whose smiles she carries with her always.) There’s good reason for those accolades – patients respond to her enthusiastic personality and unique ability to make them feel comfortable. Dr. Sturm gets a real sense of fulfillment from being able to enhance a patient’s appearance – and their self image – with a healthy, beautiful smile. For her, it just doesn’t get much better than that.