Dr. Amiya Prasad

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Amiya Prasad

Dr. Prasad is incredibly present and attentive, answering all of my questions before and after my procedure. His honest and conservative approach to cosmetic surgery eased my concerns and made me feel confident that I would be happy with the results, and I am!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Amazring beside manner, wonderful knowledgable staff. Well worth it.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Every aspect of the experience was very professional and I never felt uncomfortable when talking or being checked by any doctor or staff member. I always felt that I was in safe hands.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Linda was very thorough describing very accurately the procedure. In addition, she explained what to expect in the days after and how to address any issues like redness, itching or pain.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr. Prasad was very helpful in explaining the procedure and standing by his work

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr Prasad is informative, thorough, takes the time to answer questions and pleasant overall.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr.Prasad took years off my face. I have been asked by numerous people,what am I doing different? I have been told that I look so young and healthy, I am beyond thrilled!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

My PCP was overwhelmed with motherly concern for me when she heard that I was having a cosmetic procedure. She told me to be incredibly judicious and discerning in choosing a surgeon. Then she tried to talk me out of it, telling me that my eyes looked fine to her, and that I should consider how much I really wanted a surgical procedure. One can only surmise at the reputation that cosmetic surgeons have within the medical community. Carelessness, egotism, and greed are very pervasive in this profession, I've learned through my consultations with various doctors. Dr. Prasad seemed to exemplify this better than any of the other surgeons I met with. He was in the room with me for about 5 minutes for my consultation. He didn't write anything on my chart other than the type of procedure I was having (upper & lower blepharoplasty). He made an assessment of my condition that was inaccurate - not because he lacked knowledge or experience, but simply because he didn't bother to look carefully enough. When I asked questions he seemed annoyed, like I was being burdensome by wanting to know about my situation and about the procedures that he planned to perform. He seemed careless, lackadaisical, and unconcerned about the patient's needs or wants. Needless to say, I cannot speak to his skills as a surgeon - because I never returned!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Amiya Prasad

Dr. Amiya Prasad's response
I am unable to identify any patient of record by the comments left. In light of that, it is difficult for me to recall ever spending only 5 minutes with anyone during a consultation. I review photos with patients during the consultation and thoroughly discuss all options and likely outcomes for treatment giving patients ample time to ask questions. For over two decades I have been committed to delivering world class care to my patients via carefully honed skill and ever improving industry techniques. That being said, it is always the patients right to seek a second opinion and opt for care elsewhere. Regardless, I wish the best for all those on their surgical journey.

Submitted July 19, 2017

I am very satisfied with the results. Thanks Dr. Prasad

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

As a physician myself, I am very particular about who I get my medical care from. Dr. Prasad is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and experienced. His bedside manner is outstanding and his practice is 100% evidence-based. I flew from Canada to see him

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Amiya Prasad's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Amiya Prasad is a multispecialty cosmetic surgeon who has developed new methods to treat hair loss with extracellular matrix and platelet rich plasma. He specializes in complex eyelid surgery including revision of complications. He performs facelift surgery as well as breast augmentation and body contouring.

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1988)

• Body, Breast and Extremity Surgery-American Board Of Cosmetic Surgery
  • Facial Cosmetic Surgery-American Board Of Cosmetic Surgery
  • Facial Plastic Surgery at Facial Plastic Surgery Associates, Houston, TX
  • Fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery
  • Board Certified in Ophthalmology