Ratings for Dr. Christian Veillette

I was referred to Dr. Veillette by a colleague. I had years of shoulder pain and weakness in my arm. He was very professional. He made an accurate diagnosis and repaired my shoulder. Two years later, my shoulder is back to normal. I am weight training and have more strength than I had prior to the injury. Lots of people comment on surgeons being arrogant and uncaring. Same was said about my knee surgeon and I didn't have that experience with that doctor. I am certain Dr. Veillette is very busy man; he is highly skilled and has patients lined up to see him. I needed my shoulder repaired; I wasn't looking for a friend. Whenever I had contact with him, our meetings were short but he was friendly and professional. I learned I had been misdiagnosed by a different surgeon years earlier and thank goodness I waited and selected Dr. Veillette once I had decided to get my shoulder repaired.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr. Veillette is a remarkable person and surgeon. He performed surgery on my forearm, near my elbow to remove a benign growth. The surgery was very complex since there was a huge nerve which was extremely close to this growth. The growth was also complex since it was wrapped around into and between my forearm. Dr. Veillette did a phenomenal job with the surgery and I have recovered better than I was before. He is very genuine, thoughtful, intelligent, and truly cares about the wellbeing of his patients. Would definitely recommend Dr. Veillette to anyone considering or in need of orthopaedic surgery.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Miracle worker! I'm mostly metal now but I owe the use of my limbs to him. Excellent work!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I had Christian perform a surgery in May 2015 with an American colleague which gave me back full function and relieved my pain in my shoulder. He is definitely a doctor with passion and pride in his work, if you can get in to see him , consider your issue solved. Lisa , his assistant is absolutely amazing and extremely helpful, it is people like this that make our health care incredible and second to none. For those that have a negative outlook it surprises me, if as patient you come informed and ready ( per-hap and ready for re-hab) , the outcome should be positive. Christian and Lisa thanks again for making a horrible situation go away with your talent and compassion.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Absolutely incredible. Had shoulder surgery recently, decided against nerve blocker before surgery. Anesthesiology thought I was absolutely mad. Pretty major surgery and did not feel the need to take pain meds afterwards. This is a testament to Veillette's accuracy and confidence. Absolutely astonishing how well I am doing 6 days post op. Great team, lovely receptionist Lisa who makes it all come together. He is fully competent and a bit sarcastic- I think he's a laugh - it in no way degrades the patient. I'd rather his dry witt than a cocky attitude that hides insecurity. So glad I had him!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Veillette is an amazing surgeon and human being. He fixed my shoulders (both) and even years after the operation they are fully functional. I can even engage is recreational sports. He is highly recommended!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I can't thank Dr. Veillette enough for handling my collarbone reconstruction surgery. Other drs said no way to the operation, but he created a solid game plan, explained the whole process with me so I was comfortable and brought on a great team for the operation. The many months of after care I received from the hospital and the attentiveness & knowledge he provided has led me to a full recovery. As a competitive athlete, I've been given my life back!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. Viellette is a fantastic. He was able to restore almost full function to horrendously gone wrong total shoulder replacement done by another doctor. He was knowledgeable, empathetic, professional and most importantly an amazing surgeon. Would wait years to see him rather than risk anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr. Veillette is a great surgeon who takes great care and is very knowledgeable. He operated on my broken collarbone and ive had a very positive experience. Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I feel very fortunate to have been lucky enough to have been operated on by Dr Veillette and his team. I broke my shoulder in a very weird way that made other doctors seem confused. When Dr V saw the xray he seemed excited anout the surgery which was comforting. I had never had surgery before so was nervous and wanted to go back to my parents in Saskatchewan to get it. He found trusted colleagues there and offered me one of them or him, due to the nature of the fracture being difficult. I chose Dr Veillette and I am so thankful! He rushedy surgery due to its nature and is always available via email. He amdwered all my questions clear and concise and his anesthetic team were incredible. Everyone made me feel so comfortable. Im still recovering but it's only been 3 days and I'm in very minimal pain.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015