Dr. Christian Veillette

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Christian Veillette

Dr. Veillette is Very professional, knowledgeable, helpfull and dedicated Dr. I have been seen Dr. Veillette for over 20 months and feel blessed to have him and his expertise monitoring & improving my condition. The facility that Dr. Veillette practices is modern and very well equipped with the latest technology; the staff is very polite and helpful at all times. I recommend, if anyone has the unfortunate health issues, to see Dr. Veillette and get solution, and healthier with positive results.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2019

Beware Dr. Christian Veillet is rude and got anger issues.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2019

I'm very happy, with my shoulder surgery, Excellent.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2019

Very professional and a very good doctor! I would highly recommend this doctor for shoulder issues.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2019

Dr. Christian Veillette is a nationally and internationally recognized leader and innovator in minimally invasive shoulder and elbow surgery. He is also an Assistant professor at the medical faculty of the university of Toronto. I was not initially referred to Dr. Christian Veillette for my never ending, continuously dislocating shoulder. However, individuals I knew personally who were operated on by Dr. Veillette were recommending him. So I did some research of my own. Through my research discovered that he specializes in shoulder and elbow surgery and was quite accomplished. Thus, I requested to change orthopedic surgeons and move forward with Dr. Veillette. Honestly, I couldn't have made a better choice. I have made a full smooth recovery from my open Latarjet and Bankart repair surgery. He provided my physio therapist with a booklet for my recovery process which was very detailed and was key to my recovery. However, I should make a few notes. We are extremely lucky as Canadians to have free universal healthcare which we often take for granted. Thus, certain sacrifices need to be made as admittedly hardly anything in this world is perfect. Thus, the number of patients significantly outnumber the number of specialized physicians and thus sometimes we may feel like we are being treated like cattle in some respects but it is a small price to pay for a free clean bill of health. You may have to wait in a wait room for an hour or two, your interactions with Christian Veillette will be exceptionally brief but friendly, cordial but he will take the time to explain the procedure that he probably has explained to patients countless of times before. Come prepared, organized and be efficient in your meetings with him. It is clear that he sees countless of patients every single day, you are definitely not his only patient. You may feel like you are not getting his full undivided attention and you won't. I had no issue in honestly blindly fully trusting Dr. Veillette because I had done my research beforehand and felt confident that I was placing my surgery in some of the most capable and talented hands in the medical field. I understand for many this won't be the case. After surgery and through my recovery check-ins with Dr. Veillette I hardly got to see him, instead I would see what I believe were medical students that were supervised and under the guidance of Dr. Veillette. I will admit that at first I was slightly disappointed. However, my surgery was successful and my recovery was coming along nicely, thus his attention was probably given to patients who simply needed it more. Overall I am so very thankful and appreciative for the amount of time and hard work Dr. Christian Veillette places behind his practice as well as training a new generation of doctors. I am also exceptionally thankful that I able to resume an active and healthy lifestyle and enjoy some of my beloved activities again thanks to his surgery.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2019

Rude, foul mouthed, arrogant. Has no interest beyond the patient's shoulder. Behaviour towards other staff such as x-ray techeck and admin. staff is very rude. He was very rude and condescending to my spouse. He is probably a good surgeon, but he is completely lacking in a professional manner. My surgery was not successful, but that is not due to his incompetence, rather it was due to the severity of my problem. I dread every visit with him, because of rude behaviour.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2019

I am diagnosed with golfer and tennis elbow on my left and golfer elbow on the right also CTS both wrists, got surgery on the right hand. This person has horrible personality, he treats you like trash. No chance to explain yourself and he assumes he can do whatever he wants to do the patient. When he was examining my elbows he was very rough even though I told him that “it is hurting” he did not care but pressed and pushed more to my elbows that it hurt more, I told him to stop and he would not, so I had to get up and leave but I felt very helpless I could not believe the way he was treading me and talking to me. While I was leaving the room I told him that “I do not have any problems please make that report” for WSIB. I said when I have the MRI results you will see and he said “MRI results are not true” he knows this in advance and I could not believe what I was hearing. The reason he treated to me like this is because he was working for WSIB and he automatically thinks you are lying even though you have all the Doctor notes, digital images and proofs. They always try to find loopholes to get bonuses. When I came home my left elbow got more swollen imagine the damage he done to me. I went for care but got injured more , I have not seen such a person in a professional field.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2019

On cannot even ask a solitary question about one's own surgery without getting a RUDE, PROVOCATIVE: "I don't answer questions. If you don't trust me go to another surgeon!" Wow! What kind of doctor is this?

flag | Submitted July 25, 2019

Had a full shoulder replacement in February. Absolutely no pain and fast recovery with 100% internal and external rotation. Dr. Veillette is a miracle worker in my estimation. He deserves his excellent reputation.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2019

It's been a year to the day since my shoulder surgery. Having been a climber for 25 years I dreaded the thought of having a surgery that might end my opportunity to continue doing what I love. Dr. Veillette came very highly recommended. True to that recommendation, he did a fantastic job repairing several tendons and doing a general cleanup of the whole joint. My shoulder is stronger than ever, and though there is slightly less range of motion it has not hindered my ability to climb at a fairly high level in the gym and outside at the crag. Not only did I have the advantage of a highly-skilled surgeon at the top of his field, I also had the support and proficiency of his assistant Lisa. The staff at Toronto Western Hospital, were also wonderful. It is a difficult surgery and the rehabilitation is fairly long. I suggest you prepare yourself mentally as well as physically especially if you are used to a very active lifestyle. Although I know everyone has to consider their own situation, I would suggest if you've had an MRI and you know you require tendon repair, don't hesitate to get an opinion on surgery. I feel I wasted two years trying to do physiotherapy to heal my shoulder. I had everything from massage, Shockwave therapy, PRP, and finally a cortisone shot. Honestly, they were a complete waste of time in that my shoulder was not going to be healed with these particular therapies. Seriously, if you are an athlete and have goals that you are trying to achieve, it's better to deal with the surgery and the rehab so that you can get back on track to fulfilling your physical and mental potential in whatever endeavor you are pursuing. I highly recommend Dr. Veillette.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2019