Ratings for Dr. Edward C. Luan

I love Dr. Luan. He has always been patient and kind and down to earth. I have recently had some set backs and he knows I have no insurance. He was willing to take a lesser amount than usual for a procedure he did in the office and even went so far as to contact the lab to get a reduced charge for me.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Luan is wonderfully compassionate and always guarantees that I clearly understand everything that he explains. He has helped me through a miscarriage, child birth, and surgery and has been completely amazing in each case. I would highly recommend Dr. Luan to any of my friends.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Dr.Luan is nice,courteous,and knowleageable, however I did not like how he handled my delivery at the hospital. He would not be open to the idea of performing a c-section even after 2 UNSUCCESSFUL days of induction, and only did it on the 4th day because I insisted. I went through a lot - not to mention the ridiculous hospital bill at the end. I would not go through Dr.Luan again if I have another baby.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

This doctor is friendly and courteous to your face but at every turn he chose the most expensive route to go. I am even left questioning whether or not I truly need the c-section he said I did. I wanted tubal ligation and he will not do anything but essure which has only been around a few years (couldn't have it done at time of delivery because he forced me to go the a catholic hospital). I am left having to find a new obgyn for postpartem care and tubal ligation

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

I had an extremely rare and painful complicatin following an endometrial ablation, due to my anatomy, (NOT a doctor error!)I wound up in the emergency room twice and almost had to have an emergency operation. Dr Luan, along with the aid of Dr. Birkholz, finally figured out what was happening to me, just in time to take care of the problem in office, averting the unecessary surgery. I am so thankful for the knowledge and care that both of these doctors put into their profession!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Dr Luan is very warm, professional. He is the first doctor to take time to sit down and explain things to me. Getting a call back or information from the nurses is not easy.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Very professional and helpful. Usually quite easy to schedule an appointment, staff always nice.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

Office staff very helpful and scheduled me quickly. Dr. very punctual, caring, helpful,and informative. Treated me with respect and answered all of my questions. Ordered appropriate tests and call me with results quickly.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2005

Dr. Edward C. Luan's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1994)

Assurant