Ratings for Dr. Allegra A. Cummings

She gives you all the information you need to make a decision. Doesn't rush you and is very professional. I referred three friends to her office and will continue to do so

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

She's amazing! She has dealt with me throughout my entire pregnancy and has made me feel super comfortable and very professional.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

I came in to deliver my second child at StLukes Roosevelt and Dr Cummings was on call. What a welcoming, calming, and grounded guide she was for me during a relatively short but intense natural delivery. She was an utter pro, coaching me and making me feel comfortable and supported during my delivery. I can't imagine a better experience giving birth naturally in a hospital than with Dr Cummings by your side. (I did not visit her office leading up to delivery so I cannot comment on the office experience, but only on her bedside manner when I needed it most, and I can't speak high enough of the way she helped me bring my daughter into the world).

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I came in with a very painful emergency and she, and all of her staff, were so sweet, accommodating and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Allegra Cummings MD saved my life and the life of my child. Two weeks overdue, in labor for three days, body beginning to shut down, Dr. Cummings was the physician on call at 4 am when I needed an emergency c- section. We had never met (I'm not sure if st Luke's or my mid wife's practice called her in) but whatever tne case, I know 100% that we would not be here without her expertise, her strong executive decision making and her overall compassion. She is a gifted physician and surgeon and I look forward to sharing with my daughter how such an awesome woman MD saved our lives.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr. Cummings is fantastic. Thorough, knowledgeable, relaxed, patient, and very available. I had complications both during and after my pregnancy and she would email/call me to respond to questions even on her days off. When I gave birth, she also didn't push me to have a C-section despite the circumstances (when a lot of other doctors would have). I can't recommend her highly enough.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Cummings has been a fantastic doctor for me. She has always been there to answer all of my questions during my pregnancy and I've never felt rushed. I've also never had an issue with her staff. The only issue can be the wait but that seems to be an issue at a lot of doctor offices.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

IDK what all the commotion is about. Dr. Cummings is absolutely amazing!!! I had a different doctor, that was away when I went into labor with my twin girls (preterm 32 weeks-they are 2.5 and fine!). I did not deliver at st. Luke's. My hospital was Roosevelt. She was there in time (as she was on call that night), I had never met her before, and was so happy that my doctor didn't wind up delivering. It was not a c section, and honestly, she was everything I hoped for an needed, she checked on my a lot personally, and she followed up personally after I was discharged.....pretty amazing! I have moved out to Las Vegas, and am freaking out that sh is not going to be following my pregnancy now!!! I am forever grateful to her and all of the staff at Roosevelt Hospital!!! Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

The comments are right. Terrible experience all around. Staff is a nightmare, won't ever call back and then blames you and acts like it is your fault. Doctor doesn't care and just let's staff do whatever they want. Doctor always so rushed that doesn't have time to explain anything. Wait is always longest of any doctor I've ever had. I'm switching doctors.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

I wish I had read the comments before I went to this doctor. Staff and doctor are uncaring and rushed. I've received wrong information and been booked for the wrong days, and then the staff and doctor both lied about it after. (I know I was right because I typed it in my phone immediately.) I talked to other patients in teh waiting room who had the same experience. The wait is NEVER less than 90 min. She overbooks just so she won't lose money in case a patient cancels, but that is not fair to the patients. Doctor never calls with test results like she says she will, but then lies and says that she tried to call but couldn't get through to the machine. Terrible expereince.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2012

Dr. Allegra A. Cummings's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1998)