Ratings for Dr. Mark Douglas Vickers

don't expect punctuality! the front desk staff is cold on their best days and flat out rude as a matter of policy it seems. Apparently you have to make an appointment to get test results. Can't do it over the phone or fax. So when you schedule consider a 2 hour window to be on the safe side as wait time can be either 45 min or 1 hour ....and then its a gamble. He is either in the sweetest mood and times his time talking to you and explaining stuff OR you get PMS day and unless you plan on rolling on your back and not demanding an attitude adjustment you are in for quite the condescending approach to medical care. Bottom line you don't know squad and he is the almighty doctor who schools you and your other doctors. If you decide not to wait the full hour - cuz god forbid you might have other things scheduled in your day, you are informed that you will not be charged ....as if they did me a favor...no kidding sparky...I am not gonna pay for the honor of sitting in your waiting room and breathing your O2! I should bill them for my time wasted. So you leave with your result sheet...do not expect a follow up call or any type of communication from them to either apologize or go over the results. Not happening. Horrible time management. Might wanna consider hiring staff with some social skills. Only 1 of the nurses is actually pleasant! His skills seems sufficient but once a doctor starts berating all others as a general statement its hard to take him seriously.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

The most wonderful Dr caring that i have experiment in my live very loving and caring about every detail that helps to resolve your health problem, am so happy to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Vickers on and off for more than 14 years. He is an excellent physician that takes the time to listen and correctly diagnosis what the best course of action is for your situation. He is also very well connected within the community and is a wealth of information. His office is particularly busy and with this type of traffic comes crammed scheduling, etc. but he is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Vickers to anyone. He has been our family doctor for over 15 years and mine personally for 7 years. He listens attentively and explains everything he's doing without losing you along the way with medical jargin. His sense of humor and memory are an added bonus too.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

very thoughtful, helpful, really takes the time to talk to you

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008

I've been to this Dr multiple times in the past several years. I've never been seen on time - not even when I came for the 1st appointment of the morning or of the afternoon. The vast majority of times, I have waited more than 1 hour (try having to explain that to your boss at work several times in the same month - not fun!). Maybe it's partly organizational mismanagement - either way the experience is poor, when a Dr crams too many patients as possible into the working day. Dr Vickers generally sweeps into the consult room like a hurricane; Does not listen to everything the patient says. He's charming and talks a lot (maybe to demonstrate knowledge), but the explanations are always super-rushed and sometimes incomplete (thank god for the Internet!). Office staff are singularly unfriendly. On occasion, a sample was not stored properly before shipping it to the lab, and was rendered useless. I wish the experience with him would improve!!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

I was kept waiting for over an hour on my first visit to Dr Vickers. When I finally got to see him he seemed very abrupt and rushed--did not even listen to my heart. Then his office refused to accept my insurance, even though he is listed on the First Health web site. I was forced to pay the full $125 office visit fee and file my own claim. After the first of the year I went back with my new insurance card to see if my insurance would be accepted on my next visit, and was again refused--they stated "we don't file with Loomis" (the insurance broker my employer uses). So the moral of the story is: 1)if you are going to see this doctor, get an appointment first thing in the morning, and 2)CHECK FIRST that they will accept your insurance, particularly if claims are filed through a broker. I was forced to find another doctor; I urge you to avoid Dr. Vickers unless your insurance is with a major carrier such as Aetna. Dealing with his staff is a *very* unpleasant experience otherwise.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2007

Excellent Doctor. He has been my primary physician for over 10 years

flag | Submitted December 22, 2006

Very helpful and listens to your concerns with a great sense of humor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2006

Dr. Mark Douglas Vickers's Credentials

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA