Ratings for Dr. Maurice Dufresne

What a guy, I cannot say enough good things about this man. He even asked me to follow him as a patient when he was leaving one clinic and joining another. The ultimate compliment. He is knowledgeable, listens to my symptoms and responds appropriately. He gets me. I hope he practises for a long time.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr Dufranse is wonderful. He is to the point, a straight shooter but not in a way that you feel he doesn't care, he knows the tests you need and provides the knowledge and quick responses you're looking for. He has helped me in numerous ways and I can't even imagine looking for another family doctor. I feel completely comfortable with him (I'm a female and was hesitant to have a male Dr) and thats why I travel from Stittsville to see him. For many years I suffered with ADD and was embarrassed to address it but he makes the conversation easy and I never feel judged. I have visited him for other reasons as well and these visits have shown me how knowledgeable he is, very well versed and a complete professional. Lastly, the girls at the front are always busy but I find them to be very nice and attentive - just remember when you're walking in and they are typing or on the phone you need to give them a moment to address you, it's a courtesy they deserve. Yes, when you call in it always goes to answering machine but they have always called me back ready with the info I need i.e appt times etc. Great team all around. - D.R

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr Dufresne is far and away the best doctor I have ever dealt with. My husband, my son and I all see him. He is competent, rational and reasonable. He is knowledgeable, frank and honest. He may come off as being too direct, but I actually respect that. On the flipside, if I find that he is being curt, I'll ask more probing questions. If he senses that you're genuinely interested in the answers, he'll make time for you. There's a difference in his clinic "self" and his appointment "self". If you're expecting detail and large quantities of time to be spent, see if you can make an appointment. That's where he can spend the time. Otherwise, he has lots of other clients to see. Respect that, and you're golden. He also doesn't suffer fools gladly. Don't BS him and he won't BS you. He's knowledgeable and familiar with all recent tech and meds. I couldn't ask for a better doctor for me or my family.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I have been with Dr. Dufresne since I was 16 and he has always been professional and thorough. He is the only doctor I saw who did further, in depth testing when I had severe stomach problems for 6 months. He is punctual and definitely takes all of his patients' concerns seriously. Some people have mentioned that his hands tremble? I do not feel that should be a concern since he is not administering injections or performing surgery... people also say he is dismissive and I do not find this to be the case. He is simply to the point and efficient. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

REGARDING DR. DUFRESNE, I MUST MENTION THAT, HE RESCUED MY LIFE, AND NO OTHER DOCTOR I SAW CAME CLOSE. AFTER 3 MONTHS OF WALKING HUNCHED AND ON ONE LEG DUE TO A SLIP INJURY, I HAD EXCRUCIATING PAIN IN MY HIP, WHICH WAS EXPLAINED BY A JAMMED HIP JOINT. HE IMMEDIATELY REFERRED A PHYSIATRIST (LIKE A CHIROPRACTOR/PHYSIOTHERAPIST BUT WITH AN M.D.). THE PHYSIATRIST WAS ABLE TO CORRECT THE 3 MONTH JAM IN ONLY 30 SECONDS!!! BEFORE THIS I SAW DOCTORS WHO COULDN'T EVEN DIAGNOSE THE HIP JAM AND ONLY PRESCRIBED ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS THAT SPOILED MY STOMACH WHILE DOING NOTHING TO ADDRESS THE PAIN. ONLY DR. DUFRESNE'S PROPER DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT AND ADEQUATE PAIN MANAGEMENT FACILITATED MY RECOVERY AND AS A RESULT I WAS ABLE TO RETURN TO WORK. FOR ME HE IS A PANACEA. BEING A SCIENTIST ALL MY LIFE, DR. DUFRESNE CONVERSES WITH ME IN A FRIENDLY WAY, AS BOTH A COLLEAGUE AND FRIEND, NOT JUST A PATIENT.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Having known Dr. Maurice Dufresne since 2012, I can't recommend a better physician. He acts on your behalf with great care and has the clarity of mind most doctors lack (who are mired by the system). This past year he swiftly diagnosed me with hypothyroidism, and carefully brought back to life with medication. He also diagnosed costochondritis, hip impingement, and lumbar disc radiculopathy each of which he is currently treating successfully.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Dufresne (my family doctor) for quite some time now. I have to say I never once had an issue with his professionalism or kindness. Everyone has a bad day but you know what? It happens. Doctors see lots of people in a day and do lots of overtime at hospitals and hey - maybe some people forget that. Far as I'm concerned he has two thumbs up from me.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Just overall ignorant and extremely condescending!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

By far the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had! Dr. Dufresne had no interest in helping me he is by far the rudest doctor. He was rolling his eyes as I spoke, sighing, and even got up to leave as I was trying to explain what was wrong. I never had a doctor tell me "it's common sense" in my life. Very unprofessional!! He looks like he genuinely hates his job. Save yourselves the trip and go somewhere else! You are not going to get far with his disrespectful, belittling, and arrogant demeanor.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

This is doctor is incompetent , dismissive , disrespectful . Do not waste your time , you will not get any treatment from this doctor !!!!! You can get a better diagnosis From a child .

Dr. Maurice Dufresne's Credentials