Ratings for Dr. Bruce R. Bailey

I don’t usually write reviews but this is a story that needs to be shared. I chose Dr. Bailey when I moved to Santa Barbara six years ago. The reviews were good and when two separate local sources recommend him, I knew I had my doctor. Before I retired, I worked with some of the top doctors in Washington D.C. The good ones welcome your questions. Dr. Bailey has a great bedside manor. My annual exams have been very thorough. On my annual physical, Dr. Bailey noticed a wave on my EKG that was slightly off. I had several EKGs before but this was the first time a doctor had ever noticed anything unusual. Dr. Bailey recommended a Heart Stress Test. As a result, it was determined that I had a congenital birth defect in my heart. I had open heart surgery three weeks later. If Dr. Bailey had not been persistent in helping me coordinate my care I would not be here today. He has been great communicating with other specialists to coordinate my overall care.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

I think he is a nice guy, but there were some big problems for me in the few months I was his patient. My biggest grievance is that he gave me a sample of a drug that was supposed to be for 'pain' without telling me that it was an antidepressant! AND he failed to disclose the potentially harmful side effects. All he told me was that "it may decrease libido." Anyway, I took one and had a severe reaction, could barely move my mouth when I woke up the next morning. Unfortunately, the reaction lasted for 8 days. I had to be driven 3 hrs to UCLA Emergency Center to be helped through the reaction. I have an issue with doctors who offer patients these type of drugs for mild issues and don't tell them how serious these drugs are. For these reasons, I can't trust him again.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

love him!!! listens, knowledgeable. amazing! he'll spend time with you and you don't feel rushed.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

DR. BAILEY IS SO NICE, SO CARING. VERY DETAILED IN HIS DIAGNOSTIC SKILLS. HE MAKES YOU FEEL SO COMFORTABLE.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008

Dr. Bruce R. Bailey's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Barbara, CA