Ratings for Dr. Mathew Vanolm

Myself and my family cannot believe he can still be practising medicine. we can hear him quacking all the way to high river. If you see this man ALWAYS ,ALWAYS, get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

This Dr is arrogant, not at all interested in reviewing my diagnosis and treatment. He becomes incensed when questions are asked of him of different methods or treatments and why he chose a particular one over the other. I am simply asking for information so I am informed as well. He ignores any medical information from other doctors as they are not specialists as he is. All I ask is to be treated with respect - I am not an idiot.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Has made a huge difference in my health and wellness due to his knowledge and introduction to the use of herbs and vitamins as well as medical care.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I found Dr. Van Olm to be rude and arrogant after first meeting him, he didn't even introduce him self and got annoyed when you asked questions. He was more interested in prescribing more steroids even though I told him I couldn't take the medicine he wanted to prescribe me as it makes me gain weight and he told me earlier that I needed to lose weight. He acted like I was inconvenience and stupid when I asked certain questions such as side affects or why he chose a certain treatment over another. I even had to remind him to go over ALL of my test results and not the ones he chose to pick and choose to go over. He is very close to retiring and feel like he has zero f*cks to give and is trying to line his pockets. I will definitely get a second opinion with someone who respects their patients.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

the only test i needed when i saw dr van olm was a cat scan.he gave me every test but that one. sent me home with puffers for asthma.told me i was fine and to take expensive vitamins he perscribed. WELL THE DR WHO DIAGNOSED ME WITH STAGE4 CANCER A YEAR LATER WAS SHOCKED.HE SAID ALL YOU HAD NEEDED WAS A CAT SCAN.so if i were you i would run to the nearest dr. and get a second opinion.yes he may be polite and friendly, but polite and friendly does not save lives. i believed him when he said i had asthma.ALWAYS GET A SECOND OPINION.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr. Van Olm is one of the kindest and most insightful doctor I've had the pleasure of dealing with. He saw beyond my condition that there were other things bothering me that weren't lung related. He is booked quite solid and spends a fair amount of time with his patients, which is why he is sometimes behind schedule, he does his very best to stay on schedule. I was given every test possible to diagnose a chronic cough I have and it came up clear. Great doctors are difficult to find and if you see him, I'm sure you'll agree. His knowledge extends far beyond his specialty. I always leave his office feeling good but worry about when he might retire. Sometimes his office staff drops the ball with scheduling, but they are very busy so things like that can and will happen. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Hands down the best doctor ever. We went through numerous tests when I was super sick and found out I don't have asthma and all my symptoms were GERD related. That was a year ago. He is still seeing me because I'm still having a lot of health problems and don't feel good. A doctor who actually cares about the patient is far and few behind. Dr van Olm has gone much past what he was expected to being a respiralogist and I am very grateful.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Dr Van Olm is the 6th specialist I saw in a year. He spent a lot of time on my case and came up with some ideas for diagnosis and treatment. He referred me to his wife (Dr.Soriano) for alternative treatment)Fortunately after a year of puzzled doctors and my inability to do most normal things, they cured me with alternative therapy. I am very thankful for them.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Having seen other doctors for my condition (sarcoidosis type 2) I feel that Dr. Van Olm realy cares about my health. He is takes the time to ask about my overall health (and other conditions) and makes very helpful recommendations. I feel very safe in his care.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Excellent doctor. He read my medical chart carefully while I was in the appointment, and then educated me with regard to how to stop my cough, as well as gave me advice on a few other things I could do to improve my health. He did not push inhalers or steroids, but encouraged natural methods and action on my part. I feel better than I have felt for TWO YEARS due to this doctor. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011