Ratings for Dr. Thomas D. Devine

Dr. Devine is an excellent physician. He spends a great deal of time with you to make sure he covers and explains everything.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Sad;y I moved from Indiana...I knew I'd never find another Dr. this good...he is the BEST diagnostician I have ever had in my 72 years...I have found good Doctors..but I had the best~!! Dr. Tom Devine..I miss you...Marilyn Parker, now of Maine

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr Devine is an amazing doctor. He has treated me for some complicated chronic health issues, primarily cardiac problems. He researched my symptoms and has treated them very successfully for 5 yrs. I went from doctor to doctor until I was recommended to Dr. Devine and he solved the issues I faced when no other doctor seemed to have the knowledge to treat me. My quality of life is what it is because he took the time and has the background to treat me successfully. In regards to the pt complaint about taking Throid medication, it has been my experience that Dr. Devine does not put his patients on medications unless it is warranted. I am glad I found a competent Dr. to handle my complicated health issurs.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

At age 68 I have been in the medical round-a-bout since age 4...from Boston, MA-to Mayo Clinic and Northwestern. I feel blessed that this incredible diagnostition is my physician. Physician is in the purest old-fashioned sense of the word. When he sits with you..he listens and time seems to be at no limit..he is extremely bright and personable. I appreciate the fact that he refers in my best interest. I also appreciate the fact that he and his staff follow-up with phone calls. All other Doctors in the area hold him in high regard. I know no-one walks on water...but this man has saved me more than once and his diagnosis has been right on the money. I always had the very best medical care between Boston and Mayo Clinic and am fortunat in that I still have the VERY BEST in Dr. Devine!! On a scale of 1-10~~he is an 11.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Very dismissive attitude toward me. Said he wasn't convinced I needed the thyroid pill my GYN had me on, despite my saying that since the thyroid pill I felt younger & peppier at 40 than at age 30. He either wasn't listening or didn't take me seriously. He said my extreme fatigue was due to my depression. I've been on anti-depressants for 12 yrs.& my depression never made me sleep 18 hrs a day like my thyroid did. He said my GYN (who is a professor at a major Chicago teaching hospital & was named one of the top reproductive endocrinologists in Chicago based on a survey of top Chicago doctors) probably isn't as knowledgeable about the thyroid as he is. He implied maybe I took thyroid pill to keep from gaining weight & that it does'nt work for that. I don't know where he got that idea. I only weigh 115 lbs.(am 5'2") & have never been overweight. I couldn't believe I had to defend my Chicago GYN who is a professor at a major teaching hospital to this small town doc. I won't return to him.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008

Dr. Thomas D. Devine's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Valparaiso, IN