Dr. Chris Cavacuiti

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Chris Cavacuiti

I got hooked on prescription pain killers 5 years ago and started seeing Chris for suboxone treatment. His suboxone program helped me get off opioids and gave me my life back!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

Dr. Cavacuiti was one of my docs when I was in residential addiction treatment at St Mikes Homes. He was great to work with!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

I've been addicted to sleeping pills (valium) for more than a decade now. After several unsuccessful to find a doctor who could help me wean off my valium, I was starting to lose hope. My pharmacist mentioned Dr Cavacuiti and the Truenorth program, I stated with him about a year ago and I now 90% done my valium taper!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Dr. Cavacuiti has been my addiction medicine doctor for several years now. He is compassionate & knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

I have found DrChrisCavacuiti to be very professional in dealing with my medical guidance.lwas very nervous about the suboxone program when I first discussed this with him as it was all new to me .My lifestyle has hugely changed for the better with the help and guidance I am receiving. I am in my sixties so I really needed a competent Dr .I sincerely recommend Dr Cavcuiti as he has much knowledge on addictions and will set u on the right path in regards to understanding everything about saboxonne ,Thank u for all the work u commit yourself to Dr Cavacuiti u have really been there for me..

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I have been dealing with Chris now for just over 10 months. When I started my suboxone program I had a lot of questions, which he gladly answered and explained to me. This was important to me as I was very nervous about going on suboxone in the first place. Just recently he has extended his hours, allowing me to come and see him basically any day of the week if necessary, which is also very convenient. I would recommend Chris to anyone who is looking for an addictions medicine doctor, or if you are thinking about going on Suboxone.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Dr. Chris has been working with me for about 3 months now. I was referred to him by my family physician as my pain medication of Hydromorphine was getting to be at very dangerous levels. I am also a kidney patient together with HIV. I have been dealing with multiple pain isues one of which is Neuropathy in my feet which had been preventing me from walking and going through horrible withdrawal each time I dialysed. Dr. Chris had suggested Suboxone which I have now been on for just over two weeks and it is working. I can’t believe this. I am having having no side effects with almost all of the pain under control. I feel like this is an almost miracle and I am mind boggled. If this continues to work, I can’t say enough about Dr. Chris or Suboxone. Thank you Dr. Chris Cavacutiti and Dr. Ann Stewart.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

I would not recommend this doctor. He didn't have time to talk to me even though I was showing up for my medication every day. When I said I wanted to come off it, he refused and said I needed to be on it probably for life. My life turned around when I went to see another doctor who spent time getting to know me.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Cavaccuitis since nov 2015. I have been to similar programs over the years but honestly Dr Chris and his team of docs and staff go above and beyond the call of duty...hands down best clinic and best doc to handle your care. We have had numerous times when either something came up or my work required me to travel out of province many times and dr cavaccuiti helped me and did everything possible in order to make sure that my medication would be available. Ive been leading a clean and sober life for the better part of almost 2 years now and without the help, compassion, knowledge and much more that cant be put into words, i honestly dont know if i would be at this point in my recovery...and if so i definitely know this transition wouldnt of seemed so easy and painless. Thank you so much dr Cavaccuiti for everything you and your caring and knowledgeable staff has done for my family and I.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Amazing Doctor! Has helped me greatly over the past year.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Chris Cavacuiti's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Academic/Professional degrees: BA, MD, CCFP, MHSc, (C)ASAM, FCFP, (D)ABAM, CCSAM, DFASAM Dr. Chris Cavacuiti has an extensive background in addiction medicine and inner city health. Before founding the TrueNorth Medical Centres in 2013, he worked as a staff physician at St. Michael’s Hospital, the Casey House Aids Hospice and the Seaton House homeless shelter. His clinical, research and advocacy work focuses on addiction medicine, LGBT issues, HIV/AIDS, and Immigrant/Refugee Health. Dr. Chris Cavacuiti is also on the teaching and research faculty of the Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) at the University of Toronto. Dr. Cavacuiti has received his Focused Practice Designation in Addiction Medicine. He was the lead editor of the 2012 American Society of Addiction Medicine textbook entitled Principles of Addiction Medicine: The Essentials (http://www.asam.org/publications/principles-the-essentials).

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1995)
  • University of British Columbia (Grad. 1997)

• Drug addiction

• 2001- Department of Family and Community Medicine Undergraduate Education Program Teaching Award.
  • 2008- Teaching in Family Medicine Clerkship Award DFCM. University of Toronto.
  • 2013- Role Modeling Clinical Excellence Award DFCM. Post Graduate Education Program Award