Ratings for Dr. Chris Cavacuiti

I have been a patient of Dr Cavaccuitis since nov 2015. I have been to similar programs over the years but honestly Dr Chris and his team of docs and staff go above and beyond the call of duty...hands down best clinic and best doc to handle your care. We have had numerous times when either something came up or my work required me to travel out of province many times and dr cavaccuiti helped me and did everything possible in order to make sure that my medication would be available. Ive been leading a clean and sober life for the better part of almost 2 years now and without the help, compassion, knowledge and much more that cant be put into words, i honestly dont know if i would be at this point in my recovery...and if so i definitely know this transition wouldnt of seemed so easy and painless. Thank you so much dr Cavaccuiti for everything you and your caring and knowledgeable staff has done for my family and I.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Amazing Doctor! Has helped me greatly over the past year.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr Chris Cavacuiti has helped me a great deal. in past endeavours I unfortunately had contracted hepatitis c an was really at odds with getting the treatment even though I know I needed it an wanted to get it. The problem was I had heard all these horror story's about the treatment and how sick it made people an sometimes you couldn't even finish the treatment or even though you went through the pain it might not even work. ????? But dr Chris explain to me about how treatments weren't like that anymore an there were really no side affects at all. I was sceptical but wanted the treatment so I started a 90 day treatment regimented for my genotype. I was surprised because I was looking an waiting for the side affects/pain. But there were really none, the first week I felt a little flu like but after that nothing. The treatment was the best thing to happen to me cause after the treatment my energy changed an I wasn't tired any more an the best thing was the treatment worked an I couldn't be happier. An for those out there that may be sceptical or seeking treatment I would talk to dr Chris an get it done cause it'll be the best thing you've done. Dr Chris an his staff are very knowledgeable an caring about everyone's needs an try to work with you to help you in the best way possible. I'll be forever great full for all they have done. It's like I have my life back an I can't thank them enough.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

"Behind every changed life is someone who made it happen" Dr. Chris has been that someone for me. Without his strength, courage and wisdom I wouldn't be where I am today. He has gone beyond the call of duty to help impact my life in a positive and helpful way. Before I met Dr. Chris I was a career criminal, my family wanted nothing to do with me and I was hopelessly lost. After joining his program I have since gained meaningful employment a awesome paying and intrinsically rewarding job, my family relationships have been mended and I have an awesome girlfriend and a apartment of my own. Dr. Chris helped me achieve all of those things. He believed in me and went out on a limb to help me achieve my goals. After his regular working hours, he accepted three way conference calls with myself and my family acting as the mitigator to help me rebuild my relationship with them. I have experienced many rude, stigmatizing and disrespectful people in my search for recovery and not once have I ever felt that from Dr. Chris. He is a truly passionate, caring, kind, empathic and understanding person. A pay check isn't enough to reimburse him for all he has given. If there was ever someone who deserved to be brought into saint hood it's Dr. Chris. Thanks for being the man and giving people who are often silenced and abandoned a voice. You're truly an advocate and words can't describe how indebted I feel towards you.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

I was put on opioids until I got my hip replaced and no longer required them. I tried to stop the opioids but had horrible side effects from this process. My family doctor recommended me to see Dr Cavacuiti and it was one of the best decisions. The clinic was helpful and took the time to not only come up with a plan of action but create a team to help support me in this action. If not for the help of the staff from everyone from the front desk, pharmacy, to the doctors my journey would not have been as manageable. I am not currently not only opioid free but also Suboxone free.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

It's great to have this opportunity to share my story and publicly thank Dr Cavacuiti for his help. My life went off the rails a few years back when I got addicted to prescription pain killers. Walking through Dr Cavacuiti's door was one of the hardest things I've done. Throughout my recovery, he has always treated me with dignity and respect. He is a great clinician and a passionate advocate for addiction treatment.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Dr. Cavacuiti is AWESOME! When I started to understand that I was not depressed in the moment, but had been for a very long time I started to hit the real rock bottom. I did not understand what was actually going on or what was in my head. I needed a kind voice. Someone to care regardless of my actions up against myself. With his help to sling shot me in a better direction I managed to get more help. With hard work I am now living my dream. Sober with a full time job and HAPPY. Last time I felt this good I was self medicating with drugs that I believed was best for me at the time. Now I am that same high happy but with no extra boost - I never thought that could be possible even if I did make it. Thank you Dr. Cavacuiti for seeing that I needed more time rather than to be judged. Takes years to get better in the head, so any time is a good time to start asking for help. No one should feel WRONG when seeking help witch is RIGHT. These kinds of battles are to big even for the best of us. Thank you Dr.Cavacuiti I am so happy to be alive and doing well :D

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I have only recently become a patient of Dr Cavacuiti's but I have to say that I am very impressed. He clearly has spent a lot of time and energy and thought into his work in this area. You might think this high degree of expertise and experience would make him jaded, but I actually find him really approachable and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Cavacuiti has been my addiction specialist for the better part of decade now. He has seen me through more ups and downs than I can possibly remember. Throughout that time, he has always treated me with dignity, courtesy and respect. Thanks for the awesome care Chris!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Chris Cavacuiti has been my Suboxone doctor for several years now. I was started on opioids during my fight with cancer and struggled to get off the opioids after my chemo and radiation were done. Chris helped me transition from my other opioids onto Suboxone and then helped me taper off. I HAVE NOW BEEN OPIOID FREE FOR 1 YEAR!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Dr. Chris Cavacuiti's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Academic/Professional degrees: BA, MD, CCFP, MHSc, (C)ASAM, FCFP, (D)ABAM, CCSAM, DFASAM Dr. Chris Cavacuiti has an extensive background in addiction medicine and inner city health. Before founding the TrueNorth Medical Centres in 2013, he worked as a staff physician at St. Michael’s Hospital, the Casey House Aids Hospice and the Seaton House homeless shelter. His clinical, research and advocacy work focuses on addiction medicine, LGBT issues, HIV/AIDS, and Immigrant/Refugee Health. Dr. Chris Cavacuiti is also on the teaching and research faculty of the Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) at the University of Toronto. Dr. Cavacuiti has received his Focused Practice Designation in Addiction Medicine. He was the lead editor of the 2012 American Society of Addiction Medicine textbook entitled Principles of Addiction Medicine: The Essentials (http://www.asam.org/publications/principles-the-essentials).

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1995)
  • University of British Columbia (Grad. 1997)

• Drug addiction

• 2001- Department of Family and Community Medicine Undergraduate Education Program Teaching Award.
  • 2008- Teaching in Family Medicine Clerkship Award DFCM. University of Toronto.
  • 2013- Role Modeling Clinical Excellence Award DFCM. Post Graduate Education Program Award