Dr. Norbert Gleicher's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Gleicher travels extensively worldwide, while maintaining his role in clinical patient care and research at CHR-NY, and as one of the most prolific scientific writers in the specialty. While located in Chicago, Chicago Magazine repeatedly listed him amongst “best physicians” in reproductive endocrinology and infertility. Since his return to NYC, he was repeatedly one of only a handful of reproductive endocrinologists in New York City listed by the New York Times Magazine on its “Super Doctors” list, as chosen by peers.
- International University Vienna (Grad. 1970)
- Tel Aviv University (Grad. 1973)
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine (Grad. 1979)
Areas of Expertise
- Female infertility
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Ovarian cysts
- Premature ovarian failure
Awards & Recognitions
- ASRM Star Award, 7/17/2015
- Session Chair, “Are we reaching the time when science meets wishful thinking?,” 21st COGI Congress, Frankfurt, Germany, May 14-16, 2015
- Session Co-Chair, “Is it risk free? Is ISCI safe and effective enough to treat all ART patients?” 22st COGI Congress, Budapest, Hungary, Sept. 17-19, 2015
- Session Chair, “Fibroids are encountered in increasing frequency in IVF patients as the mean age of patients rises. Do we have to treat them all?” 22st COGI Congress, Budapest, Hungary, Sept. 17-19, 2015
- Member, Organizing Committee for Ovarian Club VI, Barcelona, Spain, November 14-15, 2015
Publications & Research
- Early decline in functional ovarian reserve in young women with low (CGGn < 26) FMR1 gene alleles.
- Endocrine autoimmune diseases and female infertility.
- Prospectively assessing risk for premature ovarian senescence in young females: a new paradigm.
- How the FMR1 gene became relevant to female fertility and reproductive medicine.
- The "graying" of infertility services: an impending revolution nobody is ready for.