Ratings for Dr. Steven Hockstein

Great Doctor, very nice and professional. His staff were also helpful

flag | Submitted July 11, 2019

He has been my physician for well over 15 years. I have confidence in his decisions and he has made very good decisions for me. I prefer his bedside manner as my family health history is shaky and I like to make jokes with the MDs., & he is very understanding of this but he does not joke around. He is also very supportive of my decision using holistic approaches to my peri-menopausal symptoms and will recommend additional supplements if needed or he thinks I would benefit from. He is very knowledgable and highly experienced. And like ALL physicians at NYPH, he has excellent bedside manner, which in this field is required. All Physicians at NYPH must follow protocols and procedures when patients are brought into examining rooms or are waiting. as it was explained to me by the appointment co-ordinator. So, anyone wishing to have shorter wait times make your appts. at 8am or well before 10 am.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

I have 2 kids under 2 and he was my doctor for both even though we moved and it was hard to go see him for all the appts, but that’s how good he is! Loved my experience with him and the whole practice.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2019

Love him so far, he is attentive, knowledgeable, and caring. I would not change him with anyone else

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

Dr. Hockstein has been incredible! This is my first pregnancy and I feel comfortable and prepared and supported alongside Dr. Hockstein.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2019

Have been going to Dr Hockstein for many years. He's terrific.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2019

Wouldn't recommend this doctor. Minimum medical care with lots of smiles that I personally don't need.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2018

I had a horrific experience with Dr Hockstein. He was funny and personable until he made a basic but fertility threatening - and potentially life threatening -mistake. The mistake terminated my viable pregnancy and left me ill and terrified. Hockstein went cold and unresponsive at that point. Thank g-d for the incredible physicians at MFM Mt Sinai.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

I had Dr. Hockstein during my pregnancy. He provided top care for me, I couldn’t have chosen better doctor for me.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Dr Hockstein himself is a WONDERFUL doctor. He was attentive, responsive, and made time to call me in the evenings with lab results. The staff is an entirely different story...I was moving back to Canada mid-pregnancy and asked them to fax my records to my new family doctor. First, they clearly just FORGOT. Then, when I asked to send again, they sent through normal mail, which takes 2 weeks to even process. I continually called asking them to FAX, got varied answers about why it was taking so long, when finally one of the nurses did. This took a MONTH. I was horrified by their lack of empathy towards someone expecting for the first time, and their lack of competence. It's too bad because Hockstein is great. He needs new staff that know how a fax machine works (it's 2017!)

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr. Steven Hockstein's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)