Ratings for Dr. Dorothy Theresa Christman

Office staff is difficult. They chenge like a revolving door.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2012

Pleasant staff. I got an appointment the next day. The doctor listened well and was very efficient. The nurse called me right back with lab results. Really a good experience. Five stars!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

I've been going to Dr Christman for over 6 years. She has been an EXCELLENT doctor for me. She is personable, clear, compassionate, knowledgable, spends a good amount of time explaining things, patiently answers all my questions in layman's terms. In some of these reviews it sounds like the patients expect her to be a specialist, but she is a family doctor. I do think the office could use some "soundproofing", as voices are easily heard in there. I like her nurse, but in the PAST, on the phone, staff has been a little abrupt.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

This clearly is a DR that needs some bedside manner herself as well as her staff. I am a brand new patient (new in town) and although the saw me on the same day, I was told I needed an EKG. The DR walked out of the room, staff came in to give me the EKG and the DR NEVER came back to talk to me, never discussed results but had nurse give me 2 prescriptions. I went to pick them up and cold not afford them. I called the offie for a solution and was told to call the pharmacy or insurance co because the DR didn't have time to sit in her office and figure out what meds were less expensive. I told her that the pharmacy didnt care and she said that was about right but still didnt offer to help. I told her that I was going to just find another DR and was told "do what I wanted" that I completelty misunderstood her and she didn't tell me the DR would not help me but she clearly DID! if you want communication with your DR - Do not go here. I will find another DR with a staff that cares.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2010

It is easy for someone who hasn't been a patient of Dr. Christman very long to think she is amazing. I too once thought the same. Turns out that all the things stated by others is true. Very sad. Be careful what you see or say. The staff, when caught doing or saying something wrong, will write a letter on behalf of the doctor stating you were highly abusive (usually they use the term verbal) and in the letter you are told you are no longer welcomed as a patient. And because Dr. Christman ethics are poor at best, she allows her staffs lies to cause patients to lose a doctor. I, however, believe it is the best thing I have ever done. Turns out I found an extraordinary doctor who has taken on several other ex-patients of Dr. Christman and they are glad to be rid of her and her unprofessional, rude, arrogant, lying staff. GOOD RIDANCE!!!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

The staff was very courteous and helpful when I was searching for a new physician (new to town) and needing someone who was willing to work with me on bio-identical hormone replacement instead of saying "tough it out" or use PREgnant MARe urINe (did you ever wonder where the name PREMARIN came from??) She also is willing to help you with finding a natural solution to high cholesterol using medication when necessary. She is very direct and to the point, without making you feel like you are being rushed; a good listener. If you want an honest evaluation of your health and what YOU can do to improve it, Dr. Christman may be the doctor for you. In our discussions, I have never felt like SHE had a "Dr.God" complex which I often get from a male doc. By the way, this survey site is so ****; could you have not taken the time to put she/he or he/she when asking the questions below??

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

She takes the time to listen to the patient's concerns. She has a great manner-professional and very informative about the individuals health.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

I would not recommend Dr. Christman due mainly to her staff's extremely rude and unprofessional behavior. My daughter who visited ER with extreme chest pain, was told to follow up with her doctor to see her within the following couple days. Well, the staff didn't feel it to be important, they were condescending, rude and unprofessional on the phone, and even hung up on us. The doctor also makes you wait too long in the waiting area and the exam room even though no one else was there waiting several times. I would not recommend this doctor due to the staff's unprofessional, rude and uncaring attitudes.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

At first I was very impressed with Dr. Christman because she is a very good listener & seemed caring and helpful. Some of her staff, however (more than one person) are unprofessional & have lately shown incompetence. I have never dealt with a worse office staff. I'd like to give Dr. Christman some slack, but no good doctor would allow themselves to have such a staff. A doctor can be fantastic but if their office staff is as bad as this one, I find it useless to retain the doctor. And she must bear some of the responsibility. A doctor MUST have a staff that is reliable & professional. They can shoot her out of the water. A comment someone made earlier I must admit I found to be true. I don't expect a family physician to have knowledge of complicated diseases, but she did slip up not giving me information, information she knew, causing me to play an unbelievably stressful game with her staff. Stress is not what I need when I go to a doctor for help.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Don't go to Dr. Christman if you're in need of prescription refills through a mail order service with your insurance company. I requested the refills on a Friday, by Thursday of the next week they had not been processed. When I called I was placed on hold twice for an extended period of time. I spoke with an office assistant named Karly who was very rude to me. She said the request had been faxed and expected me to take care of the problem. When I explained to her that the prescription service had told me she did not put a quantity or dose on the fax she immediately got on the offensive side. When I asked if she could call the prescription service to fix the problem, I was told by her that she would not have time to do it that day. My call to her was at 10am in the morning. To me this is not acceptable customer service.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Dr. Dorothy Theresa Christman's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Palm Harbor, FL