Ratings for Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk

Dr. Lusk has been treating me for many years now. He and his wife are always professional and courteous and really care about my well being. Because medication hasn't always been the best option for me Dr. Lusk has continually tried to find alternative treatments that are both attainable and affordable. He stays on top of new research and shares beneficial information with me. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

Dr. Lusk has been tremendously beneficial to my health and wellbeing.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I'm forever grateful to the internist who referred me to Dr. Lusk 20-plus years ago. Dr. Lusk has skillfully treated three generations of my family plus several friends. After meeting him, my dad told me, "I'd give anything if I could have had his help forty years ago!" I feel the same way. Dr. Lusk has given us relief & peace. He listens with care, tracks my overall health, and offers clear instructions and explanations. He's knowledgeable, upbeat, kind, and wise. His wife, a stellar office manager, provides superb service! They are both compassionate and encouraging. By the time I walk out of their office, I am filled with gratitude and joy. Someone on this website mentioned that going to their office feels like going home. It's the same for me. Once, while reviewing Dr. Lusk's instructions with my kids, I heard myself refer to him as "Uncle Lusk." We all nodded and laughed.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Lusk’s for a very long time. I had seen several psychiatrists prior to seeing Dr. Lusk, none of whom took the time to get to know me, nor to diagnose me properly. Quite frankly, a couple of them gave me the creeps. Dr. Lusk was, and is, different. He listens and actually hears what I say. He is interested in me as a whole – my other disease states and my family relationships. This is very important to me and much appreciated. I have had a rough time with a son who has Bipolar I disorder and this has affected every part of my life over the years. I’m not sure I would have gotten through the trauma without Dr. Lusk. He is just tops in his field. I also cannot say enough positive things about Maggie. She makes extra time for me, accommodates my schedule, is understanding and I can confide in her more than I can with most other people. Together, Dr. Lusk and Maggie make a great team, and they make my life much better than it would be without them.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Lusk for several years. He saved my life when I was over medicated by other doctors. He has managed my meds ever since. He is the kindest and most caring doctor I've ever knowm. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Lusk and staff.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. Gary Lusk has been one of the most influential people in my life since our first introduction in August of 2001. In fact it actually says LIFESAVER underneath his name in my contacts. The Lusks have gone above and beyond for me and my family. I can't think of a couple I enjoy working with more than the Lusks. They don't take many new clients because they ones they have don't leave. I flew into Austin for years to see Gary until I finally moved back to Austin. I'm certain I'm not the only one that has traveled to spend valuable time with Dr. Lusk.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Has been so incredibly helpful to me. I've been seeing him for fifteen years. He doesn't make you feel sick or a patient. Great at diagnosis and proper medication. Would never go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I can hardly be concise in my deep appreciation and repeated thanks for both Dr. Gary and his beautiful wife Maggie running the ever-rocking ship! I have seen Dr. Lusk for over 16 years. As others have said both he and Maggie go out of their ways to help in any crises that arise. Repeat that. Ive needed psychological help most of my life. I then had major brain surgery in '99. It fixed my seizures but left me with other problems, some severe, all helped & steered as straight as possible with his genuine care-human to human care, and advanced medical and psychiatric advanced professionalism. I truly am ever-grateful for the help & straight-steering he's given me all these years. And having Maggie there is just a bonus. Shes sweet, welcome, professional, caring and puts a little smile in your day. I am honestly eternally grateful for both of them.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for many years. If I could I would give him more than 5 stars but such is the system. I haven't had many BIG issues, but when I but when I have, he has gone the extra mile for me. It may be selfish of me, but I hope he never retires.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Lusk is an absolute expert in his field. I give him great credit for being able to pinpoint the type of medication I need to effectively treat my particular type of Bipolar II. After seeing several other psychiatrists over the years, I now have an accurate diagnosis and my mood is stabilized. However, Dr. Lusk is so much more than a doctor who diagnoses and prescribes. He and his office manager, Maggie Lusk, provide great compassion and demonstrate true concern for their patients' well-being. Appointments in their office feel like a visit home.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1986)