You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk

I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for many years. If I could I would give him more than 5 stars but such is the system. I haven't had many BIG issues, but when I but when I have, he has gone the extra mile for me. It may be selfish of me, but I hope he never retires.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Lusk is an absolute expert in his field. I give him great credit for being able to pinpoint the type of medication I need to effectively treat my particular type of Bipolar II. After seeing several other psychiatrists over the years, I now have an accurate diagnosis and my mood is stabilized. However, Dr. Lusk is so much more than a doctor who diagnoses and prescribes. He and his office manager, Maggie Lusk, provide great compassion and demonstrate true concern for their patients' well-being. Appointments in their office feel like a visit home.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr Gary Lusk is great. He listens to all of my 'yuk' with great patience and concern and does not haphazardly throw pills at my problems without careful consideration of ALL my medical issues and existing medications. Even though he and his wife and Office Mgr., Maggie, had their own difficult challenges in 2015, they did their best to keep all my appointments while having to juggle their own issues, and I have total respect for that. Maggie is equally a delight. She keeps Dr Lusk on task and runs her side of their business with equal professionalism, and is so kind and gracious in person and on the phone as well. The Lusks are down-to-earth good people, and I'm blessed to know them both.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I've seen Dr. Lusk for over 20 years. He's extremely knowledgeable and is one of the most caring doctors I've ever had. He cares about your total health. He's understands the importance of family and makes your family a part of your treatment plan. Both he and his business manager, Maggie, truly care and go out of their way to make time for and care for their patients. I cannot recommend Dr. Lusk highly enough. He is a true professional, extremely intelligent and always does everything he can to help his patients.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Lusk for almost 15 years and he is wonderful. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He and Maggie go above and beyond for their patients and are unlike any other doctor's office I've ever been to. They are kind, caring, attentive, quick, responsive and truly care for each every patient. They are wonderful people and a delight to interact with, along with being incredibly knowledgable, smart and helpful. Dr. Lusk and Maggie helped me through some incredibly difficult times in my life and knew exactly how to help me get through those times. I am forever grateful for all they've done!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I am73 years old. Dr. Lusk is the best Dr. I have ever had.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I have been going to Dr Lusk for more than 10 years and he was the only doctor who determined the correct diagnosis and was able to get help. I've since moved out of state but refuse to see another psychiatrist. Between his very efficient Cheerful and helpful front desk/ social worker, Maggie, Dr Lusk is exceptional. This is not a psychiatrist who just writes prescriptions. He listens and evaluates what has happened and is happening in your life and explains and gives suggestions on improving. If anything u expected happens, I know he is available to help in emergencies 24 hours a day 365 days a year. He talks to you, not some stranger. I would recommend this doctor for anyone wanting the best care possible.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I am a very satisfied, long time patient of Dr. Lusk. I first started seeing Dr. Lusk many years ago after being discharged from the hospital. Under his care, I have not been hospitalized since, and the problems that caused the hospitalization have not returned. Since then I have married, started a family, and have enjoyed a successful professional career. Dr. Lusk is very wise, patient and understanding, and has helped me not only with mental health issues, but also with family and medical issues as well. His wife Maggie Lusk is a great office manager, and they work very well together as a team. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Dr Lusk has made a profound impact on my quality of life. I consider him an expert on PTSD. He understood how hard life was for me because of PTSD and he put me on the right medicine that helped me. I am stronger now. Dr Lusk and his wife, Maggie, have both made a difference in my life. They both have a genuine passion to help people. They treated me with compassion when I was going through bouts of PTSD flare ups.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Before I start talking about Dr. Lusk, I wanted to talk about the way the office is run. His wife Mrs. Lusk greets you as you come in and you always feel welcome. She's I guess what you would call Dr. Lusks receptionist but she does a whole lot more than that. They both work as a team in treating the patiants. The atmosphere is very welcoming. It's a cozy office that really doesn't give you that "therapist's office" vibe. I'm a 23 year old guy whose been in and out of school for the past 5 years with mood instability issues and they have never given up in trying to find a solution other doctors thought they had already treated. Dr. Lusk himself is an amazing human being (so is his wife and therapist Neil Stegall who shares the office with them). Very easy to talk to, doesn't see you as a patient (he sees you as a human) and WILL FIND A WAY TO IMPROVE YOUR LIFE if its within his psychiatric skill set. LISTEN to what he says and you will find the right medication or plan that will help you get to where you want to be. Just be patient, sometimes the right med combo can take a little time to find. Seriously guys, you couldn't ask for a better therapist, everyone in that office cares about you and can save your life like they've saved mine 5/5 stars plus a sixth star.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1986)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for many years. If I could I would give him more than 5 stars but such is the system. I haven't had many BIG issues, but when I b..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lusk is an absolute expert in his field. I give him great credit for being able to pinpoint the type of medication I need to effectively treat my particular..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gary Lusk is great. He listens to all of my 'yuk' with great patience and concern and does not haphazardly throw pills at my problems without careful conside..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've seen Dr. Lusk for over 20 years. He's extremely knowledgeable and is one of the most caring doctors I've ever had. He cares about your total health. He's u..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr. Lusk for almost 15 years and he is wonderful. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He and Maggie go above and beyond for their pat..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am73 years old. Dr. Lusk is the best Dr. I have ever had."

June 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr Lusk for more than 10 years and he was the only doctor who determined the correct diagnosis and was able to get help. I've since moved ..."

May 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a very satisfied, long time patient of Dr. Lusk. I first started seeing Dr. Lusk many years ago after being discharged from the hospital. Under his care, I..."

May 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Lusk has made a profound impact on my quality of life. I consider him an expert on PTSD. He understood how hard life was for me because of PTSD and he put me..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Before I start talking about Dr. Lusk, I wanted to talk about the way the office is run. His wife Mrs. Lusk greets you as you come in and you always feel welc..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lusk and his staff, Maggie, are the very best, they truely care about their patients and professional in every way possible. Their attention to detail and m..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. and Mrs. Samuel Gary Lusk are an experience and effective team. We have been completely satisfied with Dr. Lusk's therapeutic expertise and attention to ou..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to Dr. Lusk after many many years of confusion and exhaustion. My parents were just as confused as to what this "Up and Down" behavior was. After goi..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best doctor I have ever had and I have had many and Maggie is fantastic."

September 5, 2014