You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Tommie Lee

This office is right downtown and close to the subway station. Doctor was outstanding and extremely knowledgeable. Timely and explains things well. Highly recommend him. Staff could be happier and smile a little more.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr. Lee is an attentive and caring. He takes the time to explain the procedure patiently. Annual exams have always been a pleasant experience for me.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

What a bundle of energy! Great doc. Answers all my questions and explains everything he is doing while he is doing it. Never makes me feel as I am uninformed or pressures me to buy products offered at his location. Even remembers to ask about my kids and what they are now doing. Seems to really enjoy his job. I recommend everyone I know to him and they have come back with positive reviews as well.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Lee for 8 years or more. Dr. Lee is personable, thorough, knowledgeable, incredibly friendly, and always ready to take time to answer all my questions. I never feel rushed through the exams and discussion. His reception staff is also excellent - friendly, professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Very knowledgeable. Explained problem clearly. Worked with insurance well.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I have the trifecta of really bad eyes (-8.5), astigmatism and needing reading glasses, and Dr. Lee was the first to successfully put me back into contacts, which i hadn't been able to wear for years. Plus like someone else commented, he saw something in a routine checkup that he suggested i get followup with an opthamologist, who was impressed with the catch. I'm generally leery of the glasses chains' in-house optometrists, but have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Lee (who's a nice guy to boot)

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Dr. Lee provides recommendations with detailed explanations. He asks important questions. He displays concern for my health and eyesight.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

I've seen Dr. Lee for about the last four years, and followed him to his current location when the last shop had to move. I ask a lot of questions, and Dr. Lee has always taken the time to to give me detailed explanations. He is also very through in his examinations and his "bedside manner" is wonderful. Prior to moving to DC I saw a fancy ophthalmologist in NYC because my insurance covered the cost. Although Dr. Lee is an optometrist, he has always provided me better care. An added bonus is that the sales shop at For Eyes is removed from the doctor's office, so you don't get pushed to buy products. You can always take your prescription elsewhere. Frankly, though, I've never needed to because the shop has a great selection and decent prices.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

This is a good optometrist. Takes his time, very thorough, good people skills, answers questions willingly, can perform a variety of tests on site. Diagnosed a problem early that my opthalmologist called "an astute observation".

flag | Submitted May 11, 2008

Dr. Tommie Lee's Credentials

• Illinois College Of Optometry At Chicago (Grad. 1984)

Updates