Ratings for Dr. Joseph N. Friend

I believe Dr. Friend is caring and intelligent. Having said that, I had a test result that showed a problem and Dr. Friend either misread it or didn't understand it or was having a bad day. A year later without any further testing all of a sudden it was important to Dr. Friend to treat the condition. Now the condition is under control and I'm NOT ravenously hungry every minute like I was before the treatment. This was an endocrine problem. I suggest that you get copies of your test results and research for yourself.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2010

Based on the reviews on this site, I made an appt with Dr. Friend. I was grilled by the appt maker as to why I needed to see him. Just because I don't know what's wrong with me doesn't mean he might not be able to help me, I mean that is what doctor's are for, right? Then, I get a call the day after I make the appt from the doctors' office, apparently Dr. Friend doesn't think that he is going to be able to do anything for me so it was suggested that I see the family doctor at the same practice. I'm sorry, but this just doesn't seem right to me, to turn away a patient before you even sit down and talk with them? Maybe I didn't want to tell my whole story to the snippy appointment maker? Maybe I didn't have the time to tell her? Bottom line is, I called to see the specialist, not the generalist. Too bad I can't review the actual doctor.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

I have seen Dr. Friend for 25 years, he is the best. He is kind and caring, he doesn't rush you he listens. I would be lost without him.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

Dr. Friend is the best doctor. He is so helpful, intelligent, and caring. He will take the time to answer all your questions.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

In addition to Internal Medicine, Dr. Friend also specializes in Endocrinology. His name speaks volumes. He is easy to communicate with, and is a gifted diagnostician, and compassionate caregiver.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2008

Dr. Joseph N. Friend's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

GHI