Ratings for Dr. Oren N. Gottfried

In 2010 I underwent cervical spine surgery by a physician in Wilmington, NC. In 2012 I continued to have pain and I decided to seek a second opinion. After looking at the credentials of physicians throughout the state and ensuring that my insurance was covered, I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Oren Gottfried. I was highly impressed by this doctor the minute he walked into the room. He immediately introduced himself and stated that he had reviewed my images and records I had forwarded to him. He stated that he wanted to acquire new images as mine were over a year old. After obtaining new imaging studies I returned to the examining room and he continued with his examination. Dr. Gottfried explained that I had a psuedoarthrosis (bone didn't fuse) and I had slippage at a lower level. He continued to explain in detail how both of these issues could cause me to still have pain even though it had been 2 years since my surgery. Dr. Gottfried went into great detail about my options and the outcome I could expect. After discussing my situation with my family, I decided to undergo another procedure but by Dr. Gottfried. I have had the best care under Dr. Gottfried. He is extremely thorough and highly educated in his field. He is able to explain every scenario that could possibly occur and he makes sure that you fully understand everything before any procedure is performed. He is very attentive to his patient's needs and makes sure his staff is as well. Everyone from the front desk to his Physician Assistant Bryan are top notch. Dr. Gottfried requires all new patients to submit their records before being seen. He takes the time to study all imaging studies and reads all the medical records prior to you being seen. I have worked with several physicians who would read the records in the room with the patient and I really appreciated that he took the time to know about my case before he ever saw me. This shows that he cares about his patients and has enough respect to know their problem beforehand so that he can have a game plan to explain. When I pick a physician, I want one who takes their time and not mine to study my case and uses my appointment time to explain how he/she can help me. That is the kind of doctor you get with Dr. Gottfried. Dr. Gottfried is a physician that is dedicated to his patients just like he is dedicated to his practice of medicine. He's not one of those doctors who's in it for the money, he's in it to make the patient better!! I truly believe that Dr. Gottfried has a God given talent and that we as his patients are fortunate to have him on our Team!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I worked directly with neurosurgeons for 30 years . A few years ago I needed a 4-level cervical fusion for spinal stenosis. I knew that I wanted a surgeon who had a great interest in spinal fusions and one who had a lot of experience in this particular surgery. I chose Dr Gottfried and could not have been more pleased. He has genuine concern for his patients and their families. A few years after my cervical fusion, I needed revision of a lumbar fusion that was almost twenty years old. Of course, I had Dr Gottfried do this revision. He has given me a new lease on life and I will forever be grateful.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr Gottfried performed a spinal fusion, L3,L4,L5 on me in Sept 2011 which has allowed me to lead a more active life.....he is professional in manner but also kind, sincere and helpful. He and his staff were wonderful....I have seen him for some other issues since the fusion and continue to be pleased and well satisfied with each visit.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr. Gottfried is personable and professional. He provided my mom and me with answers to each of our questions. He is genuinely concerned about his patients and outcomes. He even texts non-confidential info if this is a preferred method for family members. His professionalism is unparalleled and his kindness is sincere. He's the absolute best! Can't go wrong with him and his team of caring and honest healthcare professionals!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

He is a very caring and knowledgeable Dr. Would recommend to anyone in my family.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

The doctor was knowledgeable but he ordered a MRI told me to send it to him in the mail and he would call me. Has been 2 weeks and I have called several times with no return call

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

Minimum waits for appointment scheduling and seeing the doctor. Office well organized and very efficient. I went to him because of back problems and he had corrected a surgery done on a friend by another surgeon. He gave me several options and I made the decision for surgery. The surgery was great, minimal pain afterward, and my recovery has been as expected.If I need a neorosurgeon again, Dr. Gottfried is my man!!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

For my appointment, Dr. Gottfried seemed very well-prepared and was very efficient. He had carefully studied the many imagines of my spine taken over recent months and had reached an objective conclusion beforehand. He briskly entered the consulting room and, without small talk or softening the blow, informed me that - in my case - there was no hope. Had the spine been less injured/damaged, surgery might be indicated. But the former was not, so neither was the latter. We were done in less than 15 minutes. There was no suggestion of referral for confirmation by a colleague; no need for a "2nd opinion." (He did order a few more x-rays.) I appreciated him not wasting my time.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

My wife went to Dr. Gottfried in mid September, 2012 due to severe back issues, including leg pain, arm tingling and pain. She had been through different drug therapy programs for 2 1/2 years, acupuncture, and chiropractic therapy, with her only getting worse. Dr. Gottfried performed Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on October 29th, 2012, and it went so much better than we had anticipated. 2 1/2 hours after surgery she was up and walking, and able to turn her head with no pain near what she had been feeling, and the tingling in her arm had gone. Today, the 3rd day after the surgery, she is sore, but that was to be expected. I realize that this rating is very early in her recovery, but I/we are so happy with the surgery, Dr.Gottfried, his staff, and the hospital (Duke Hospital at Raleigh). We have nothing praise for this entire team and facility.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

Dr. Gottfried was competent and informative. He always made himself available via e-mail and always responded. He was a good listener and explained well. His surgical procedure was successful and his follow-up was a good experience. We recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Dr. Oren N. Gottfried's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)