Ratings for Dr. Thomas F. Schrattenholzer

40 min late, cut appt short, didn't send in prescrip.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I found Dr. Schrattenholzer, to be compassionate, caring, attentive to my needs and extremely competent. He far exceeded my expectations for providing excellent medical care! Marcia Permut

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I found Dr. Schattenholzer to be compassionate and very helpful. I had seen another pain management specialist (Dr. Vladimir Fiks) who truly was demeaning, rude and unorifessional. I've had chronic shoulder and back pain for years so I've seen my share of orthopedists, and neurosurgeons. Dr. Schattenholzer reviewed my records from my internist and interviewed me thoroughly. He was fine prescribing morphine, and oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I think he looks at each patient individually. If you're honest and legit, I think he goes the extra mile. He always has for me. Sure, there are random urine screens but in this field, it's necessary. He's always been kind and respectful, and doesn't push the most expensive, addictive drugs. He gave me many options without making me feel like a scum bag. He also gave me good reading material regarding opiate use and let me come to my own decision about whether to continue. I used (used, not ABUSED) opiates for 10 years and Dr. Schattenholzer was helpful before and after my shoulder replacement surgery. He worked with my orthopedist before and after my surgery to ensure my pain was controlled. Fortunately the surgery was successful and I was able to go off meds, but if I had the unbearable chronic pain I had before, I'd definitely return to him. I'm glad I didn't read the negative reviews before I saw him as I may not have seen Dr. Schratrenholzer.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

When I first walked in the door,your branded as an addict,I have been in chronic pain for 15 years and was treated like nothing was wrong with me.the NP I saw is the worst person I have ever dealth with,avoid this place like the plague I wish I had I called a week ago for apt no ret calls.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I find Dr. Schrattenholzer to be fair, knowledgeable and willing to listen. In my experience, he has always tried to understand the many dimensions that make up a chronic pain condition. I'm surprised by many of the comments below because I've not seen that side of this physician. In fact, I've experienced humility from him. I think that perhaps the most relevant comment I can leave here is to say that Dr. Schrattenholzer can be trusted to help you if you are a person willing to admit to needing help. In addition to that, the staff nurses are excellent and always responsive through the use of the online system for any need. I've been helped by Dr. Schrattenholzer and the pain clinic.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

In the decades since my injury I have literally seen more than 100 doctors, and I can unreservedly say that seeing Dr Schrattenholzer was the worst experience I have had as a patient. By his own admission (after I asked him the same question a dozen times, and got a dozen evasive answers) he "didn't need" to read my file to decide that taking me off of ALL pain management medications was the only recommendation he would even consider or discuss... the fact that I was on those medications was all he needed to know. When I brought up other issues, like my quality of life and level of functionality, he dismissed them by saying "I don't see how any of that is relevant". The notes he left in my file were in line with the above, not even mentioning my injury or the effect it has on my daily life and ability to function. According to him, the only thing worth mentioning was that I was on pain meds and need to get off of them. So now every new doctor sees that I was diagnosed with addiction to pain meds, and I have to start all over with the tests and messing with my meds before they decide that, no, the pain meds are actually important and, in concert with the dozens of other therapies and exercises I do to fight the pain, a necessary tool in my pain-management toolbox. Dr Schrattenholzer's ability to squish all of that down to a one-dimensional, and his inability to recognize the "relevance" of my ability to get through each day and interact with people was, and still is, frankly terrifying.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

A personally offensive demeanor and elitist attitude is the first thing noticed by this physician with the few opening words that come out of his mouth. He is absolutely certain that every patient that comes across his office is a drug addict. He did not review any of my medical file - by his own words and admissions- when he stated that a list of my current medications was everything he needed to know about me. He jokes about most of his patients not agreeing with him. He lends this sick sense of humor to the fact that all patients are drug addicts or else they would not be seeing him. I do not agree with him or his style of medicine because it is not based on factual evidence in my medical file. (With the exception of a medication list.) Did I mention that I was not seeing him for pain medication? He assumed I was and was so ill mannered w/me that I pray anyone who ever sees him has the strength to not let his words hurt them. He is very destructive to the core of the human patient.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I have recently started working with Dr. Schrattenholzer and really like him. I have a mysterious back problem, that know one can diagnose, and have seen many doctors along the way.I have finally ended up at the PMC and I feel like he actually hears what I say and takes time to talk to me about it. He is very personable and knowledgeable and I have great hope that he will help me get to the root of this back pain. I hope to be cured soon and out of that clinic for good.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

My very 1st viist to this Dr.I went from being prescribed 90 Vicodin a month to 180 Percocet and I beleive 2-15mg morphine immediately. He suggested a implanted tens machine and physical therapy. The PT gave me what he called a go to exercise that did not help.Over a 3 year period he increased the morphine to 30 mg-3 times a day. At one point I had a nervous breakdown and therapist put me Klonopin which caused me to have slurred speech. Which caused problems at work. I made the mistake of telling him about this and from this point only he started telllin me I was abusing my pain meds started weaning me off, Telling me we would get me off and start back at a lower dose. Only to put me through withdrawals and tell me to go physcologist and physical therapy and deal with this way I neede no meds. In 4 years he tried a nerve ablation test and said it was indeterminent and nothing else was done. I stopped this Dr. due to the increased stress he was causing in my life. He ruined MY life.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Dr. Schrattenholzer is the worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune to be seen by. His arrogant, insensitive way of dealing with this patient, at least, and his disregard for the very human needs of patients in extreme pain (he works at a Pain Clnic) make it especially appalling. He initiated an entirely new approach to my care without running any new tests, or even thoroughly considering the facts before him. When I corrected his numerous misstatements concerning details of my health situation, he ignored me. I am truly astonished that he has been able to maintain a practice. Additionally, he kept me waiting on one occasion for an hour and a half before seeing me, the next time, he was over two hours late! I only stayed in the office because I needed my medications.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr. Thomas F. Schrattenholzer's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)