Ratings for Dr. Margaret C. Huggins

I've gone to monarch healthcare for all of my pregnancies and i can hands down say I have never had a better doctor! From 16 weeks on I had severe kidney issues and the urologist I was seeing, I should have sued for malpractice! If it wasn't for Margaret taking matters into her hands and getting the ultrasounds that I needed done and actually listening to my concerns, I would have ended up on dialysis before I delivered my baby and with long term kidney damage! She is a very busy doctor, but anytime you see her she makes sure to ask if you have any questions and concerns and never fails to address them if you do. I always recommend her to everyone that asks me for opinions on an ob. She's absolutely amazing! Love love love her and hEd staff!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Huggins with my sixth pregnancy because my doctor moved out of state. I was 40 years old and considered high risk. I was so impressed with her and her staff. They were always so kind and attentive. I had to have ultrasounds often to track the progress of my baby and the tech was so sweet and would always switch it over to 4D and print me a picture of my baby. I also had to have stress tests weekly and the nurses were always checking on me making sure I was comfortable and wanting to know if I needed anything. If was the best I've ever been treated at a doctor's office. When scheduling appointments they asked if I wanted to see Dr. Huggins or someone else. Every time I told them Huggins and I always got in to see her no problems. She was always on time and had the best bedside manner. She listened to all my concerns and was well informed on everything we discussed. At my delivery she was so sweet and told me what a strong woman I was and what a champ I was, side note, I delivered naturally without any drugs whatsoever. She was there cheering me on and telling me I could do it. And then when my baby was born she gushed over how beautiful he was. She checked on me several times at the hospital and was always sweet. I highly recommend her and her staff.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Margaret Huggins is negligent, incompetent, and should have her license revoked. I will suffer the rest of my life because of her carelessness. She pushes everything to under qualified staff. She has no clue what she is doing, and dodges duties at every turn. I am not going to share the details, but I genuinely hope that this helps someone to go elsewhere so that others will not have to suffer like I have because of Margaret Huggins. I had zero health issues, young and healthy, and my life will never be the same because of her.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Did not have a great experience with Margaret Huggins. The wait time was super long and when I had terrible leg pains she completely ignored me and had no advice. Also I was terribly anemic after giving birth and had to ask for a test to check my iron- it was very low and I almist needed a transfusion! I really feel I was low my whole pregnancy and she just was to busy for me.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Love this doctor, she truly cares about women...but the wait to get in is Ridiculous, especially if you're sicker than a dying dog and your only other option is the ER for an IV...

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr Huggins was the on call doctor for my regular doctor after I had my son when she came in the next day post delivery she never examined my stomach to feel if my uterus was shrinking or contracting I explained to her I was still having large clots and excessive bleeding this being my 4th child I knew what to expect she was more interested in looking at my baby then left needless to say 2 weeks postpartum I had a DNC and two weeks after that I had to have a complete hysterectomy since some of the placenta grew into my uterus had Dr. Huggins done her job and checked to make sure I was healing correctly after delivering I would not be going through menopause at the age of 31 she does not have good bedside manner she has to many patients and does not give the type of care that an OBGYN needs to be giving. I have had several friends see her and switch doctors half way pregnancy or after giving birth. I had one friend who was pregnant with twins had a scheduled c section Dr. Huggins didn't make it in time and one of the twins passed away because she was in Driggs at her other office. She has no regard for patients time or well being it is about her getting as many patients and nor offices through out south east idaho and not the care of patients which is what a doctor needs to have in my eyes your a doctor because you care about human kind

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Do not go! Dr. Huggins has changed my life . A year ago I received an ablation and was sent home in severe pain and told to call if I had problems. When I had problems I called and was told I would need to come in. Travel time is an hour, and I had no sick time left. It did not matter and I was left to deal with my problems on my own. After 3 months of pain & issues I went to see Dr Huggins. I was given an exam, a pill that she said probably wouldn't help, I might just need time, and to come back for another appointment. I went home to deal with my problems on my own trying natural methods & time. After a year I thought they would acknowledge that I had a problem & help me. I waited an hour & I was seen by a PA. She reviewed my file & did blood work & said I needed more tests done that I would need to come back for. I got a pill that "might" help. They called me to say that blood labs are good & to make more apt. The tests they want I had done a barely a year ago. They don't care!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Amazing practice!! Everyone was so friendly and Dr. H was very pleasant! She has one of the best bed-side manners I've ever experienced! I just love her and her physician assistants!! All very knowledgable and explain things in a clear way! I did have to wait a while, but when do you not wait to see the doctor?!! It was worth the wait!! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience in an area that can be super uncomfortable to begin with!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

I'd always thought that Dr. Huggins and Serena were really nice. When I got a copper IUD, Serena was happy for me and all was well at first. However, and don't ask me why except for it was because I didn't want it to be a waste, I didn't get it out when it never failed to cause me problems-horrible cramping, unbelievably heavy 12 day periods, etc. So, later, I came in to get it out. Long story short, Serena tried to take it out, put me in a lot of pain for a minute, and failed. Then, the nurse kept bugging me, in and out after this terrible experience. They call Huggins. She comes in with a cast on her arm, attempts to take it out, and now I'm bleeding and really, really hurting. She can't do it and says I need surgery. A week or two later, I showed up unprepared for surgery, and thank goodness: I never needed it. I went to Life Spring and they got it out in literally 5 seconds and it was dangling in front of my face - with virtually no pain, no bleeding. I never went back after that.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

I didn't know who to go to when I first got pregnant and I was referred to Dr. Huggins. I absolutely LOVED my experience with my pregnancy, and am currently seeing her for my second pregnancy (only two months to go.) These people who are upset that they only see her PA are very misleading. EVERY single appointment they schedule for me, if I'm not scheduled to see Margaret, they ASK if it's okay if I am scheduled with the PA. If you are not okay with that, let them know, and they will make sure you see Margaret!!! The staff is VERY knowledgeable, and they ask every time if you have any questions/concerns/problems. again, if you do have questions or concerns... speak up!!! I will go to her for all of my pregnancies because I have had such a great experience!!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Dr. Margaret C. Huggins's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

MSP/BC Med