Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Reutter

Best doctor to diagnose and treat ADD. Recommends the least amount of medication unlike other doctors. Very knowledgeable and professional with a lot of experience.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Office staff is HORRIBLE!!!!!!! We have been waiting over a month for them to send my son's prescription and every time I call I get a different excuse..."we're having problems with our mail", "Oh you didnt get it yet?"..."Im sure we sent it" (x4+ times now)..."are you sure you didnt get it?"..." "Do we have the correct address on file?" (which to clarify, I had sent them, at their request, several self addressed and stamped envelopes for them to send the prescription every month)... The office does not remind you of appointments, when you get there for your appointment, it is usually atleast a half hour wait. The offices are shoddy. The staff does not get back to you regarding your childs care, we waited over 2 months to get the report for my son's Quantative EEG, and that was only after we called several times regarding its status and then had to wait another month for an appointment to discuss the report. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, the Attention Center is one of the few offices specializing in ADHD and it seems as though the entire staff has ADHD.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Horrible doctor. Horrible bed side manner and poor communication skills and treats adults although not qualified to do so. Would not recommend him he should retire and go to an AA meeting.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

With our first child on the way, my wife and I interviewed several Drs to find a pediatrician who we felt had the temperament and knowledge we required. Dr Reutter is extremely competent and accomplished - but we neglected to evaluate his staff as stringently. The staff was consistently disorganized, inept, rude, and the office was always in a state of disrepair and a dubious level of cleanliness - it was pervasive and constant enough that we stopped using him. Years after switching Drs, we had to do a consult with Dr Reutter for my son's school. We waited for 45 minutes before one of the school staff informed us that Dr Reutter wasn't coming, and that they were sorry his staff had neglected to inform them that he was unable to make the appointment. It's sad to see he still doesn't have a staff that reflects his level of quality.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

We have seen Dr. Reutter since our eldest was born 27 years ago. He has met us in the office on Sundays, in the ER, and has always returned calls promptly. Our youngest is 19 and will see him until she finishes college-I recommend him to everyone-he is a very knowledgeable calming person and his staff is also very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

My daughter was struggling in school and I didn't know why.Dr Ruetter was wonderful, I had taken my daughter to 2 other neurologists who just wanted to put her on medication after a 20 minute consult. Dr Rueter spent time with her, gave her his undivided attention and then spoke with me while one of the girls did some cognitive testing with her. He was very knowledgeable and gave me suggestions and insight on way to make the best of things before turning to medication as a last result.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

He seems like a knowledgeable doctor but I really don't know since it's been almost a year since my son was tested and I still can't get the result. A year and a half wasted making appts, waiting for equipment to arrive at his office...

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

My children have seen Dr. Reutter and his staff for the last fifteen years and I can only say that I have been helped and advised every time I needed to be.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Dr Reutter is very knowledgeable but his practice is being destroyed by his incompetent staff. And good luck trying anyone on the phone.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

The STAFF IS AWFUL...they are rude, uncooperative & NEVER get on the phone or call back. I have been waiting on my son's test results for over a month now. I call everyday, get put on hold & they take a message & NEVER call back! The reception area is an absolute mess & if I hadn't heard positive things about the doctor I never would have stayed in the 1st place. I will be searching for a new Dr. because evnthough he's good...the STAFF IS TOO HORRIBLE TO DEAL WITH!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr. Richard A. Reutter's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1972)

• BCBS Illinois