Ratings for Dr. Barbara L. Bean

Dr. Bean is a sweet doctor with a very patient bedside manner. However, one can get lost in her kindness and miss the fact that she is not all that great. She told me I had mitral valve prolapse and wanted to put me on a very strong heart medication. No other cardiologist has agreed with her diagnosis---and I saw 4! Secondly, when I saw her, she had her daughter working at reception. The daughter was not professional and I had to write a letter to the practice about the daughter's behavior and how it had exacerbated my medical situation. A parade of pharmaceutical salesman were constantly in the office when I visited, offering the staff expensive lunches. One day, I watched a terrible contrast: a patient describing how they could barely pay their bills for Dr. Bean while a staff member was turning down a lobster lunch from a salesman!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

I feel very secure in her care. She is comforting and very sure to do all testing necessary to help with your personal cardio needs. I feel I am seeing the best and know I'm in good hands. Her office in Annapolis is easy to get to and the staff is very nice. You are seen at your appointment time and the wait for her is minimal.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Dr Bean is caring,smart, and comforting. I have been seeing her for several years and love the way she handles her patients.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

okay she's expensive but worth it! she totally relates to me bc she has the same disease i do (pericarditis)! and she all for testing if ur not sure about something, she's just started working at the new AAMC on kent island and has a lab 2d echo ekg and stress testing all right there, its a huge relief knowing i dont have to run all over the world! and she still wanted to see me even though i couldnt pay her!! how amazing is that!?!? she totally knocked down her fee and let me do a payment plan!! and she has the sweetest british accent!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

Dr. Bean spends a lot of time with her cardiology patients. She is very caring, and I trust her more than any other physician that I see.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2008

Dr. Barbara L. Bean's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1987)

Metlife