Ratings for Dr. James J. Kohut

Baby Raper Baby Raper Baby Raper Baby Raper Baby Raper Baby Raper Baby Raper

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Sick child rap*st. He's a phony, another situation where I wish we had vigilantes. Stay away! His staff is also involved and all have been arrested. I hope his license to practice is finally revoked forever.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Warning! Per KSBW TV, Dr. Kohut has just been charged with s_x (site rejected my use of that full three-letter word) crimes against children in Santa Cruz, CA and other states apparently. I gave one star ONLY because unfortunately "This field is required." in order to submit a comment.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. Cho hut is a very thorough neurosurgeon. I'm looking forward to some great results with him.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Do not waste your time with him or this office. He will leave you waiting and make promises he can not keep.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

My Grandma, my Dad, one of my classmates, and I all go to Dr.Kohut. He is nice, informative, and does his job well! Ignore the ratings about doing the wrong area, as it is not the surgeon who marks you, nor is it the surgeon who deals with paperwork and keeping the family informed. He, and his staff, are what I expect from a good Doctor's office. I'm even seeing him again to have my other herniated discs trimmed. I would reccomend this doctor to anyone who needs a neurosurgeon.

Submitted May 21, 2014

I went in for a microdiscectomy (L5-S1) at 6:00. I had surgery by Dr. Kohut & his assistant Gunner Roll at 7:30. I could have stayed overnight but I chose to go home the same day. I went home at 4:00. I had no pain until 6:00. At 6:00 I started taking the pain medication I was prescribed. I only needed it for 5 days. After that there was so little pain I didn't need it any more. It's been 2 weeks now. My back feels better than it has for years. I have no more stabbing pains and I have more freedom of movement. My incision is still a little sore but that should go away in a few more weeks. I am very happy with the whole experience.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Never answered any questions. My family member was extremely confused due to his condition and Dr. Kohut still did not keep the family informed. Performed first surgery without telling family. Allowed very confused man to sign consent forms. Extremely poor communication skills, confirmed by nurses and other doctors. After 2 weeks of my family member's hospitalization, I expressed my frustration and Dr. Kohut actually snapped/raised his voice at me. Extremely unprofessional. I'd been very patient and there is no reason to treat a terminal patient's family that way. The phone number he gave me just rings and rings every time I call. Stay away from this one.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

This doctor has caused my friend to end up in a convelescent hospital after brain surgery; a simply 3 day procedure. This patient was very vibrant and suffered brain damage. He did not appropriately consult with an endocrinologist before the tumor surgery and does not seem to care about the condition of his patient, who had 2 strokes during surgery.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Wish I knew about this wedsite before I was referred to Dr. Kohut. I was told to do a fusion on my neck, it was a "no-brainer" and would positively cure the severe neck pain I was in. Consequently, after the surgery, I have been in far more pain than prior to the surgery. I now have herneated disks above and below the fusion, which was never disclosed that that is a common side effect to the surgery. All Dr. Kohut had to say about it was his "surgery" was a 10 out of 10, he really didn't care about me, and never followed up....not at all.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

Dr. James J. Kohut's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Cruz, CA