Ratings for Dr. G.M. Lees

Dr. Lees has been my husband's surgeon since September 2002 when he received a devastating cancer diagnosis. He was so wonderful from the first moment, he gave us a complete sense that we were in the right set of hands and boy was that ever the truth. He was so in charge of everything, if he gave you a plan, it happened just as he said, he had the respect of every person who worked in the system and it showed. This man worked ridiculous hours but it didn't matter what time you needed him, he was there. My husband would not have survived, let alone be here 15 yrs later if not for him, this I know! He is a great human being and I understand he has retired, well deserved but he will leave a huge whole at the UofA Hispital. Thanks to his family for putting up with what had to be crazy busy schedule. Enjoy your retirement.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Our 12 year old son was diagnosed with "Inflammatory Bowel Disease" at the Stollery Children's center in November of 2009. After months of withering away while trying new drug treatments, Dr. Lees came to us. With him, our son underwent a multi-staged surgical procedure over the next year, involving a restorative proctocolectomy with IleoAnal "J" Pouch. This was all completed in August of 2011. Since that time our boy has grown to 5-11 and 170 pounds, and has not had any further issues at all. I have no doubt at all that Dr. Lees saved his life. Since that time we have updated Dr. Lees as to our son's progress in life, and he always takes the time to respond back. He is the best Doctor that I have ever known, and an even better human being!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr. Lees is the most caring compassionate doctor that we ever had to deal with at the U of A our daughter was extremely sick with ulcerative Colitis medications alternative medicines we tried everything and nothing seemed to work for her. She suffered from the age of 10 and just a month before her 15th birthday Dr. Lees performed surgery in our eyes he saved her life. After the surgery we had a few ups and downs but he was always there to see her to walk her through things to help assure her parents that things will be OK. He would even call us at home just to see how she was feeling when she did hit a little bump in the road Dr. Lees I know we said it over and over thank you but again thank you for your years of service and the countless lives I'm sure that you have saved. The Cummins family.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Did a total colectomy on me, with an ileoanal anastomoses.....such a wonderful surgeon!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Dr Lees has done multiple sm bowel resections & fistula/abscess since 2003. Very caring & actually remembers you. God bless. I was very sad that he retired in June 2016. I heard he is just doing paediatric surgery. Those children are lucky to have him & for the parents he's the best. Caring, compassionate & makes you feel important. He is an Angel on Earth. Saved many lives & still saving children I hoped he has children that are going to be surgeons

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

He saved our sons life again! Forever grateful to him words can't even explain.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I was born in 1982. I'm hoping this is the Dr. Lees who performed 2 bowel resections on me as an infant. Would have been 1983/84. He saved me! Thank you. Thank you thank you. I'm still having troubles as an adult and I still pass on the surgical reports. Amazing man. C.S.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

I was fortunate enough to have Dr. Lees review my previous surgery from a different doctor. Dr. Lees saw me in Dec 2015 and I had surgery Jan 2016. Everyone I spoke to could not say enough good things about this man and they were right. Even after I returned home, he called me to check in on me. I am grateful that I got in to see him before he retires. He will definitely be missed. Thank you, Dr. Lees for fixing me!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Dr Lees saved my 2 y/o son's life when his appendix burst and he was completely septic for God knows how long. No shortcuts, every T crossed, and every i dotted. The utmost attention was paid to my precious little guy and if it wasn't for this caring, healing genius, he wouldn't be alive and perfect today. Thank you Dr Lees! Healing is your calling

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Lees is as excellent as most other reviewers have said. Before my surgery, he made sure I was comfortable with and understood the procedure. Most importantly for me, he listened to my questions and concerns and was willing to work with me and my other doctors in achieving the best outcome, rather than just dictating what he felt was best. He completely restored my quality of life after many years of suffering and I couldn't be happier with the result! He is fantastic!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015